Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asphyxiafeeling

macrumors regular
May 31, 2008
Cali baby!
sike.

mockup.

looks nice though.

the second picture has the right corner blurred out.. and the new macbooks will still run on core 2 duo? and the same 250GB hd? hmm...

owdin

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
Belgium
sike.

mockup.

looks nice though.

the second picture has the right corner blurred out.. and the new macbooks will still run on core 2 duo? and the same 250GB hd? hmm...

I don't believe this will be the new macbook design, but I do believe the next generation macbook will run core 2 duo (montevina) and have a standard 250 Gb HDD (now standard 160Gb, I think...; and knowing the maximum space on a 2.5" HDD available is 320Gb at the moment)

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
Looks like crap.

More like pure bu!!$h!t straight from the cow. Most mockup artists don't have any imagination or creativity anyhow and this proves it.

I won't lay it on too thick, but I will just say that it's quite hideous, and makes me glad that Apple won't make a MacBook that looks that bad.

And the 500GBs are available now, just very limited since EVERYONE is buying one or more at a time.

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
The design on the first image seems to show the angles as not being simple enough for Apple's standards. And I could have sworn that the image regarding the keyboard in the second one was the same one from the MBA page, just look at the top of the screen.

EDIT: As I reread my post, the part about the angles is that they are not Apple like, look at the MBA and iPhone 3G, the corners on those are gradual and not sudden. The bottom corners shown on this first image are too sudden and do not reflect the way that Apple is heading with this year's products.

EDITx2: I think that I just found the pic that the second one was copied from. So I'm pretty sure that one is a fake.

Alx9876

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2008
NorCal
These are the best mock up's I've seen yet. I don't know if it's real or not but it's not that much different from the current Macbooks we have now. I hope there are backlit keys. That is a pain in the ass for anyone.

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
I recall two of these "leaks" just prior to WWDC 2008 (iPhone 3G and that one small Mac that could triple boot OS X, Windows, and Linux) that looked like Apple documentation / website.

Both were fake.

So, I have my doubts about this one.

dino0829

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2008
Awww ... lie to me!

Tell me those are real! Black matte aluminum, with a backlit keyboard, 250gb standard and Montevina chips? In two weeks? Sold! C'mon, that would be awesome, wouldn't it? Couldn't it? ... :D

Shackler

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2007
behind you!
Those look amazing. the macbook i have been waiting for. i will be SOOOOOO happy if its anything close to that. i'll also be happy i waited.

Tensakun

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
Akashi, Japan
Really black?

On the funky old NEC monitor in my office, kinda looks a bit like battleship grey outside of the shadows. Would be cool in a retro way to go back to the color of my PB165!:)

deputylove8

macrumors regular
Whoa! Nice designs. Hehehe.Looks very MBA-ish. hahaha..The second one is definately from MBA's Ad. Hehe. The 1st one is very nice. haha.

Makes me think...was it worth it??? To spend soo much on MBA?

My answer is ..yes!!! Hhehehe..coz the MBA is the MBA:D

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
To those who didn't like the extra charge on the black MacBook…

…according to the photo's notes, white now costs more. :rolleyes:

Insulin Junkie

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2008
Mainland Europe
As others have said its probably fake, though I wouldn't mind if they looked like that.

Slightly off topic, and probably never going to happen, but I'd think it'd be nice if mac notebooks went back to being colorful. I want a macbook with an acid green or blue metallic lid >3

HandleVandal

Jan 15, 2008
I'm all on board for the back lit keyboard (one of the reasons I've put off upgrading. Silly, I know) but the chicklet keyboard gives me a rash....blech.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.