Finally got my favorite iPod again - the 3rd gen nano!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Queen of Spades, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Queen of Spades, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011

Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

I've been hunting craigslist and ebay for some time trying to find my favorite iPod - a black 3rd gen nano. Either they were above $50, beat to hell, or pastel colored. Finally today I snagged one in good condition on the cheap. The person selling it happened live around the corner from me, so the deal was done in 30 minutes. I think it was fate.

This is, by far, my favorite iPod I've ever had, and I've always regretted selling it. Now we're reunited forever. :D

Any other 3rd gen fans?

[​IMG]

2. rlav macrumors member

I had a 3G nano, that thing was great. However I was running out of space and the battery was showing it's age, so I replaced it with the 5G in September before they all jumped to the touch screens. But I recently got a CDMA iPhone and haven't used the nano much since then.

Overall though that was one of my favorite iPod designs as well.

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Wow that does look pretty nice. Much better than the new Nano anyways

4. yly3 macrumors 6502

I can't say it's my favourite iPod, but I surely do have some great memories with it. (8GB Silver)

5. Hastings101 macrumors 68000

Hastings101

I liked the tall thin one with the smaller screen the best, glad you got what you were looking for though :)

6. kdum8 macrumors 6502a

kdum8

Yes this is my favourite nano too. I still use mine everyday and after 3 years I still get reasonable battery performance out of it. I just hope it lasts until Apple hopefully bring out another nano that fixes a lot of the problems of the current model.

7. iEvolution macrumors 65816

I liked the 3rd gen but due to the incredibly hideous color choices and the lack of a capacity update when it was released I didn't pick one up.

I think the 4th gen is probably the best looking nano while the 5th gen is the most feature rich.

8. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

9. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I have liked it for watching some TV-rerun series that I bought, I usually keep it in a dock in the kitchen on top of the microwave. But I am not fond of where they put the lock for it, on the same end as where it docks. If you have it sitting somewhere in a locked state (for me it might be in its case in my purse) and then decide to dock the thing and it's locked, you have to remove and re-dock it. Just an annoyance. Otherwise a fine little machine.

10. blackburn macrumors 6502a

blackburn

Yeah I've got my favorite iPod again too:D Got an 3rd gen shuffle 4gb for 38 eur new in box with 2 years of warranty:p I hope I won't lose this one:eek:

11. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

I second your opinion. I love what my blue 5th gen nano can do. However, I must admit to liking the blue hue from the 4th gen just a little bit better-- it matches my midnight blue v-moda Vibes exactly. I almost got the 4th gen blue, but it was late in the product cycle, so I waited; the 5th gen's video camera and built-in speaker won me over.

I was not a fan of the 3rd gen's pastel color choices, although I did like the upright video capability.

(I've said it before, and I'll say it again here: with the 6th gen, the nano's been nerfed.)

12. blackburn macrumors 6502a

blackburn

I like the black one, reminds me of my ipod classic:p It's like an portable fast classic, too bad they didn't sell an 32gb version, it would certainly rock:cool:

13. rienrah macrumors newbie

That would would be my ultimate iPod.

14. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

That would be close for my ultimate iPod nano, but not quite. Mine would feature:
    • 32 Gb
    • Upright video playback, like the 3rd gen
    • Video camera and built-in speaker, like the 5th gen
    • Color choices of the 4th gen
    However, considering the size of my music and video library, my next logical iPod purchase is the classic-- if it still exists when that time comes around.

15. BigDukeSix macrumors 6502a

BigDukeSix

I have a 3G Nano in silver that I love. One of my favorite designs.

16. blackburn macrumors 6502a

blackburn

Someday when I find a way to open my ipod classic without denting the case to hell, I will swap the hdd for an compact flash or an ssd and bam an big fat ipod "nano" 3gen:D

Let's see if apple kills the classic (I hope not) or if they make the ultimate classic:cool:

17. rienrah macrumors newbie

I'd really like a Classic but I need SSD storage. I have a clumsy grip and killed my first iPod (a mini) by dropping it. The 3rd gen Nano is a little tank!

18. kdum8 macrumors 6502a

kdum8

Yes 32GB in a nano would be ideal. I could fit the bulk of my "main" library on it as well as some podcasts. I wonder when Apple which next release a new nano.