Finally got my macbook, a few problems already

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Jaredistheman, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Jaredistheman macrumors member

So i just got my macbook a little while ago and i gotta say i'm not liking it. First off, i'm trying to connect to my wireless network in my house but it keeps bringing up an error. Second, when i tried to download firefox a second ago it said there's not enough hdd space even though i have 214gb free!

help please, i know all macs can't be this frustrating!

2. ColinEC macrumors 6502

What error are you receiving when you try to connect to your family's wireless internet?

3. Jaredistheman thread starter macrumors member

"an error occured while trying to join 'stanfield family 1'. please try again" And our network is bolded on the list, i'm guessing that means it's the strongest?

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Mmmm. Some of this sounds contradictory but I can still see things working out. First, you can't connect to a Wi-Fi network, but you are trying to download FireFox and Safari gives you a no free HD space. The only way possible is for a wired Ethernet connection.

However, benefit of doubt and all. Please post what are the error messages given to you. Be sure Safari has a destined folder where to download stuff to.

Sorry your Mac and you started off with the bad foot. Also, try Apple phone support. They will certainly hold more answers than us.

Edit -

Be sure you are using the correct passwords and encryptions settings WEP, WPA and other encryptions are very different.

5. Chandler Adaway macrumors 6502a

Chandler Adaway

Apple support is always very helpful and nice.
    I would also recomend calling them to resolve your issues.

6. Jaredistheman thread starter macrumors member

Haha, yeah, sorry about the irony there! I'm on a neighbors network right now, very very weak though. I guess i'll give apple a shot, thanks a ton for being so nice in my stupidty! I'm sure once i get past this first hurdle, ill love my mac to death like all other mac users love theirs. =)

7. Chandler Adaway macrumors 6502a

Chandler Adaway

You will indeed.
    Good luck, and I hope your issues get resolved. ;)

8. mynameisadam macrumors member

mynameisadam

maybe thats why its not working, because your connected to a weak network? lol.

also dont steal internet :-(

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

But wardriving is fun!

10. Jeffrosproto macrumors 6502

Here's a shot in the dark, but maybe it doesn't like the name of the network having spaces?

11. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

No, it doesn't matter how you title the network. I have spaces in my network name on my TC. In honor of your new computer maybe you should fully reset your router and start over to include your Macbook.