FINALLY made the SWITCH...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by SDRacerR1, May 6, 2011.

1. SDRacerR1 macrumors member

Well after looking on Macrumors for the last couple years, and everyday wishing I had a MAC...I finally walked into the Apple Store and got me a beautiful 27" IMac i7 This machine is AMAZING!!!

Well, coming from a 5 year old Pentium 4 POS PC I am the difference will be night and day. Since I am fairly new to the MAC now its time to learn all the ins and outs, shortcuts, programs, etc.

I did run Geekbench...Here's a funny comparison. My old computer (pc) scored an amazing 1205...haha.

The new IMac...3 runs on 32bit 11706, 11697, 11768....Ya, thats awesome, cant wait to test this bad boy out.

Here's to not looking back at a pc ever again!!!!

2. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

3. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

Congrats!

I will tell you what I say to all Window jumpers: Stick with it.

A lot of times, people feel like they made a mistake within the first month or so because little things are different. Little things that are ingrained in you being a previous windows user. Certain things are indeed different, but you will learn why in time.

And then you will be hooked for life :D

4. SDRacerR1 thread starter macrumors member

Luckily I have a little experience with Macs at my school. But def a little bit of a learner curve. And already over my old Windows pc, def not looking back!

5. SDRacerR1 thread starter macrumors member

6. applefan289 macrumors 68000

I got the same feeling when I bought my 27" Core 2 Duo iMac. Your iMac is so much faster though. The only reason I keep using Windows sometimes is because I still have an old Windows computer that I use to complete work and other stuff that "pounds" the old computer. :p

7. SDRacerR1 thread starter macrumors member

Love the fact that running a couple processes would use up 100% of my CPU. Right now I am encoding a movie, watching a 1080p video on youtube, have itunes transferring files, have iphoto open, and its barely pushing 5% on the activity monitor....AWESOME!

8. BlueSchizz macrumors newbie

Going to switch soon too, seems like a great experience after all.

9. 50548 Guest

Trust us, you won't regret it at all - despite the need sometimes for a little "migration" from old bad Windows habits, the 15 or so people I've converted over the years do not even think about turning back (and even if they ever did, they could just install Winblows on their Macs and move on with life).

10. iubhounds macrumors regular

iubhounds

I made the switch from a PC to an iMac in October 2010. After a short learning curve on doing things the apple way....its been a great switch. I did save my PC "just in case" but it has never been brought back out.

The longer you have it, the more you will be happy you made the switch.

11. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

Wow, Pentium 4. That's a real switch, unlike most people in this forum, who sell their previous year model to get the newest.

The real question is, how could you survive for so long with a P4?

12. 50548 Guest

I still do at work...well, it would be awful even with a C2D Winblows PC anyway...:rolleyes:

13. SDRacerR1 thread starter macrumors member

Ha...I know right...Well it actually wasn't too bad till lately. I had it hooked up to my TV so used it as a media server. But dont get me wrong, it took well over 4 minutes to boot, plus lately had to it f4 to get past the bios, so was a definite POS.

14. Zeov macrumors 6502a

Zeov

Yeah i just got the Base iMac "27 2011 and i must say i'm very impressed, haven't had a single Apple product i didn't like.

Hope you enjoy the Mac :)

ps. watch out for the "apple effect" ;-) ;-)

15. aniketroxx macrumors member

aniketroxx

I love people who switch from windows to mac lol :p