Finally no flickering screen on 15" mbp!! Brightness notch has an effect now!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jjahshik32, Jul 10, 2009.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I noticed that setting any brightness on my new 15" mbp that there is no more flickering screen! Also I noticed that when you turn down or up a notch in brightness it seems to have a different effect. Before on the older mbp you would turn up or down a notch in brightness it wouldnt have this subtle effect but now it has some type of effect added to it. Maybe Apple added something new to better control the brightness of the display?

This is awesome!

2. macjram macrumors 6502a

macjram

3. fireman13 macrumors 6502

i know about the flickering because I have it, but what effect are you talking about?

4. jgo78 macrumors 6502

i have the flickering at low brightness on my original 15" umbp but I'm glad to say that I took the risk and bought a new June 17" umbp that has no flicker.

but i have no idea about this 'different effect' you're talking about.

5. xpovos macrumors 6502a

xpovos

I think I have an idea. I noticed it right away. It's almost like a quick fade effect. On the older models when you hit F1 the brightness just goes a notch down. On the new one it's like it goes down a little further and then springs back to the desired setting. I didn't know if it was the software or the particular screen model I have (9CA3).

6. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

When you change the brightness notches I notice that it has a different type of effect in changing your brightness. It has a kind of a dim effect every time you press the brightness button. Its pretty cool.

Before it would just hit notches but now it has some sort of a dim (slow mo) effect in notches in brightness control.