Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cyborg21

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
Yay! I finally got Retina MacBook Pro and it is my first Mac :D I asked tons of questions before switching to Mac because leaving Windows and PC world was scary for me but it's been 3 days and I think I liked Mac. Yeah, I am not a Mac expert but from my experience, OS X seems more easy to use, everything is more organized and more elegant. I love multi-touch gestures, design of MacBook Pro, Retina display, battery life, multi-touch gestures etc. I couldn't find a downside yet. I asked tons of questions here before switching to Mac and you guys answered all of my questions, so thank you so much :D ! And sorry for my bad english

PicnicTutorials

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2013
Yay! I finally got Retina MacBook Pro and it is my first Mac :D I asked tons of questions before switching to Mac because leaving Windows and PC world was scary for me but it's been 3 days and I think I liked Mac. Yeah, I am not a Mac expert but from my experience, OS X seems more easy to use, everything is more organized and more elegant. I love multi-touch gestures, design of MacBook Pro, Retina display, battery life, multi-touch gestures etc. I couldn't find a downside yet. I asked tons of questions here before switching to Mac and you guys answered all of my questions, so thank you so much :D ! And sorry for my bad english

Congrats. Enjoy! I too am enjoying mine very much.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Congrats! Enjoy your Mac, and give yourself plenty of time to master it and get used to it.

Moreover, feel free to ask questions; it is how many of us (myself included) came to this forum in the first place.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK

Welcome to the club. GGJstudios put together a really useful resource for new Mac owners here https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/9848667/

But feel free to ask anything on here. Generally the guys here are very good at sorting most Mac issues you might come across.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
I got my first Mac a year and a half ago. There are a few annoyances but the OS really grew on me.

slammer

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2014
argo, al
I got my first mac off ebay last week. Been using various forms of linux for years and the mac is similar but a much more refined product. Hoping to play with it for a year but after that I'll probably have to hand it off to the kid to take to college.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
Welcome to the greener side of the fence :p. I got my first Mac in 2009 and I will never go back to any other OS.

Cyborg21

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
Welcome to the greener side of the fence :p. I got my first Mac in 2009 and I will never go back to any other OS.

I got my first Mac a year and a half ago. There are a few annoyances but the OS really grew on me.

Congrats! Enjoy your Mac, and give yourself plenty of time to master it and get used to it.

Moreover, feel free to ask questions; it is how many of us (myself included) came to this forum in the first place.

Congrats. Enjoy! I too am enjoying mine very much.

Thanks for your replies, I really love my rMBP now :D Positive sides: It's a lot faster than my old windows PC (thanks to SSD :D). It has a beautiful display and really good audio, aluminum feels much better, I really liked multi-touch gestures, launchpad and multi-desktops, iWork is much easier documents look very good, backlit keyboard is a good idea, It has a great battery life. Downsides: Well, I couldn't find any downsides yet :D.

Shift Option K

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2013
Throughout high school I had a 17" PowerBook G4, it was a pretty easy switch because I rarely used my parents Windows PC. The laptop served me well throughout the years, for work, internet, not gaming, but watching "biology videos" on that large screen was fun. I sold it around 2008 (not a stain on it, i didn't do biology experiments when i watched the videos).

(I just mentioned this because I posted about it in another thread about blocking access to the "biology".)

Congratulations on your new Retina MBP! I'm about to buy my own rMBP except this one won't ever be used for biology.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina

Congrats! Well, you know what they say... "Once you go black you never go..."

... oops... I mean, Mac. Once you go Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.