Finally Switched to Mac!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cyborg21, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Cyborg21 macrumors 6502

Cyborg21

Yay! I finally got Retina MacBook Pro and it is my first Mac :D I asked tons of questions before switching to Mac because leaving Windows and PC world was scary for me but it's been 3 days and I think I liked Mac. Yeah, I am not a Mac expert but from my experience, OS X seems more easy to use, everything is more organized and more elegant. I love multi-touch gestures, design of MacBook Pro, Retina display, battery life, multi-touch gestures etc. I couldn't find a downside yet. I asked tons of questions here before switching to Mac and you guys answered all of my questions, so thank you so much :D ! And sorry for my bad english

2. PicnicTutorials macrumors 6502a

PicnicTutorials

Congrats. Enjoy! I too am enjoying mine very much.

3. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Congrats! Enjoy your Mac, and give yourself plenty of time to master it and get used to it.

Moreover, feel free to ask questions; it is how many of us (myself included) came to this forum in the first place.

4. theturtle macrumors 6502a

I hate my mac. The only reason why im here is because there isn't a "windowsrumors."

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Touché.

And yes, I am actually laughing reading your post. I have a horrid suspicion that you may well be offered some version of counselling by some of your fellow forum dwellers.

6. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Here to put you out of your misery my good friend.

http://www.winrumors.com/

7. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Welcome to the club. GGJstudios put together a really useful resource for new Mac owners here http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9848667&postcount=6

But feel free to ask anything on here. Generally the guys here are very good at sorting most Mac issues you might come across.

8. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I got my first Mac a year and a half ago. There are a few annoyances but the OS really grew on me.

9. slammer macrumors newbie

I got my first mac off ebay last week. Been using various forms of linux for years and the mac is similar but a much more refined product. Hoping to play with it for a year but after that I'll probably have to hand it off to the kid to take to college.

10. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Welcome to the greener side of the fence :p. I got my first Mac in 2009 and I will never go back to any other OS.

11. Cyborg21 thread starter macrumors 6502

Cyborg21

Thanks for your replies, I really love my rMBP now :D Positive sides: It's a lot faster than my old windows PC (thanks to SSD :D). It has a beautiful display and really good audio, aluminum feels much better, I really liked multi-touch gestures, launchpad and multi-desktops, iWork is much easier documents look very good, backlit keyboard is a good idea, It has a great battery life. Downsides: Well, I couldn't find any downsides yet :D.

12. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

Congrats! Im on my first mac as well for about 4 months and am in love with it, enjoy!

13. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Welcome! Gald to have you as a fellow Mac user. :) Apple is the creator of the best operating systems and computers in the world! You're in for a real treat.

Once you go Mac, you never go back!

14. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Welcome! I've had a variety of Macs over a 20+ year period. :)

15. Shift Option K macrumors regular

Shift Option K

Throughout high school I had a 17" PowerBook G4, it was a pretty easy switch because I rarely used my parents Windows PC. The laptop served me well throughout the years, for work, internet, not gaming, but watching "biology videos" on that large screen was fun. I sold it around 2008 (not a stain on it, i didn't do biology experiments when i watched the videos).

(I just mentioned this because I posted about it in another thread about blocking access to the "biology".)

Congratulations on your new Retina MBP! I'm about to buy my own rMBP except this one won't ever be used for biology.

16. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Congrats! Well, you know what they say... "Once you go black you never go..."

... oops... I mean, Mac. Once you go Mac.

17. JoshuaAmorah macrumors newbie

JoshuaAmorah