Find my daughters lost iPhone.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rctlr, Apr 19, 2016.

1. rctlr macrumors 6502a

rctlr

I got a facetime call from my 16 year old daughters ipad yesterday. She was having a panic attack.

She said that she had lost her phone, someone had stolen it from the Tescos she had visited. Rather than immediately calling the poiice and insurance company, I tried logging into her icloud account.

I discovered her phone, and "Sounded" it, certainly was not in the house. Map showed it was close to where she lost it.

I put it to Lost mode and entered my phone number in the messages.

About a minute later I got call from her phone. It was a young lad who had picked it up, and he was with his father.

I asked them to go back to the Tescos and wait outside for my daughter to turn up.

I then facetimed daughter to go and get it.

They were there and the phone was returned. Daughter and phone reunited.

I think it was picked up the the young lad rather than stealing it, and if it was a professional thief they would have turned it off or wrapped it in tin foil.

2. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

Good to hear there are some honest people around.

4. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

5. G.McGilli macrumors regular

Hope if I ever lose mine I get the same end result :)

6. matt_on_a_mtn Suspended

Did you seriously send your 16 year old daughter, alone, to meet two strange men that very well may have stolen the phone in the first place?

I get that it turned out fine, but there are plenty of times where horrific situations start out because of that exact kind of thing.

7. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

Yeah, when I was reading the last part of the OP's post I had the same thoughts. Glad everything worked out in the end though.

8. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

That's honestly all I could think of the entire time.