Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sharpycl

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2009
Gaithersburg, MD
I got it to work by merging my primary email address and apple ID so that my apple ID is now my primary email address.

You can do this by visiting the link that khmiakiew provided:http://www.apple.com/iphone/find-my-iphone-setup/

Find my iPhone is now working for me using this solution.

can anyone help me?

Have you tried double checking your account to make sure your email address has been verified. Also you may have to merge your email address with your apple ID in order for it to work. When you log in to your account at the above link it will give you the option of doing so.

sharpycl

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2009
Gaithersburg, MD
I changed both of my ID's and primary email to the same thing - but when I add mobileme to the accounts on my iPod, it says it's sent an email to my old primary email address, and haven't received the email on either of the accounts.

check your spam folder. the email could have been moved their. Also with all of the activations going on today the email may not get to you instantly.

Mike84

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Have you tried double checking your account to make sure your email address has been verified. Also you may have to merge your email address with your apple ID in order for it to work. When you log in to your account at the above link it will give you the option of doing so.

yes I have and they e-mail addresses are both the same.

Brradley

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
check your spam folder. the email could have been moved their. Also with all of the activations going on today the email may not get to you instantly.

Thanks for all the help, but I don't think my account has been synced across all of Apple's servers, as it's synced on the Apple ID site, not on mobileme, but it works on iTunes though.

morty192

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
whenever i enter the e-mail address and password it says the information is incorrect yet I know it's right as I have accessed my apple id using my computer. Also when i try to create a free id and use that email address it says it's already in use. So why won't it recognize it?

Mike84

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
whenever i enter the e-mail address and password it says the information is incorrect yet I know it's right as I have accessed my apple id using my computer. Also when i try to create a free id and use that email address it says it's already in use. So why won't it recognize it?

I am having the same issue.

Fee

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2008
I having a problem where Mobile Me saying my Account Not Verified, and i got a email to Verify my account and click it! The site said my account was Verified but it don't say it is on my iphone. Anyone else having this problem?

xyphr3

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2010
can anyone help me?
It worked fine for me through the setting, mail, add mobile me. Put my apple id and password in, and allowed the gps to find. When to me.com and always deleted everything off my phone, hahaha (not laughing at you, at me deleting my stuff).

I assume you have synced your phone since the upgrade, restarted the phone. Maybe just wait until tomorrow. I bet the system is being slammed right now.

HarryPot

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2009
I'm having a problem verifying my old MobileMe account.

I had a MobileMe account some years ago (when it was .mac), I did use it when it change to .me, but never used it in an iPhone.

I was trying to set it up with my iPhone 4 to use Find My iPhone, problems is, I can't verify my account, because the mail is being sent to my user@me.com, which I don't longer have access to.

Any ideas?

cirial

macrumors regular
May 2, 2010
Pompano Beach, FL
I'm wondering how bad an impact this Find My iPhone has on battery life. Is it as bad as having push installed or would it only use battery if I were actively looking for my phone on me.com?

doctordowling

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
I'm having a problem verifying my old MobileMe account.

I had a MobileMe account some years ago (when it was .mac), I did use it when it change to .me, but never used it in an iPhone.

I was trying to set it up with my iPhone 4 to use Find My iPhone, problems is, I can't verify my account, because the mail is being sent to my user@me.com, which I don't longer have access to.

Any ideas?

I'm in the same situation as you. You don't want to know how much trouble I'm having with Apple care too.

A quick fix, if you don't mind using a secondary email address is to go to appleid.apple.com, sign in using you mobile me account and then change the email address on it (it cant be changed to the email on your regular Apple ID).

If you want the two accounts merged under one email...good luck, I've been talking to Apple for hours and there's still no fix.

CopyChief

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2007
I having a problem where Mobile Me saying my Account Not Verified, and i got a email to Verify my account and click it! The site said my account was Verified but it don't say it is on my iphone. Anyone else having this problem?

Yes! Have tried to re-verify it several times but still get the message on the device (iPad) that the e-mail is not verified. The mobileme/Appleid site says differently.

HarryPot

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2009
I'm in the same situation as you. You don't want to know how much trouble I'm having with Apple care too.

A quick fix, if you don't mind using a secondary email address is to go to appleid.apple.com, sign in using you mobile me account and then change the email address on it (it cant be changed to the email on your regular Apple ID).

If you want the two accounts merged under one email...good luck, I've been talking to Apple for hours and there's still no fix.

I couldn't even get to speak with Apple Care.

So, now that I've changed my mail, should I still enter my user@me.com or should I enter the new mail I entered in the username field?

Thanks.:)

EDIT: Already made it work. Thanks again.

Fee

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2008
Yes! Have tried to re-verify it several times but still get the message on the device (iPad) that the e-mail is not verified. The mobileme/Appleid site says differently.

You find a way to fix it yet?

Aratar

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2010
I don't think there is a fix for it, yet. And customer service was no great help on this issue either. If your primary email/apple-id is affected by this problem (MobileMe on iPhone lists ID as "not verified" even though appleid.apple.com and other services state that it is verified), the only thing you can do right now is using a different email address and creating a new apple-id for that different email address. You can make a MobileMe Account for that new apple-id on iPhone/iPad and activate Find my iPhone on it.

P.S.: There are also several threads on the apple support forum with numerous people having that problem

Edit: Looks like Apple fixed the problem

Last edited:

kiantech

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2007
Well I got it to work last night. Basically all the 'attempts' caused my apple account to be locked. The error said "your account has been disabled for security reasons." i didnt even know it was locked until I tried to download an app on iTunes computer client. I searched and found that I had to reset my password to unlock it, using the reset my password feature. After I reset it I went back to my iPhone and tried to login with my same apple id and pw. Worked first try. And like I said before I never was typing my password wrong, the mobile me authentication server was failing, then proceeded to lock my account.

Pain, but it works!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.