Find My iPhone now up on mobileme site

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by exhibit.b, Jun 9, 2009.

1. exhibit.b macrumors regular

Just tried it out. It found me on the map but not my exact location. Just a big circle of the area I was in.

2. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Checked it out. Worked for me on first gen iphone. Of course it's not dead balls accurate but it's in the area. Send a msg to it too, pretty nifty.

3. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

If only they allowed you to self-destruct your device remotely. I'd rather chance a few hundred dollars for the opportunity to convert my stolen iPhone into a glass time bomb. Teach them to steal iPhones...

4. gibbz macrumors 68030

Worked great for me. Message to the phone was pretty quick. Nice feature.

5. JGruber macrumors 6502

It was very fast and very accurate for me... scary accurate in fact. Also I now can find out where my wife is spending my money at! haha!

6. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

You guys notice too that they call the sms/mms messenger on the mobileme site "iChat"?

[​IMG]

7. The General macrumors 601

8. Abcmsaj macrumors member

Abcmsaj

Can I have a little help? :\

I'm 17 years old, have a Sunday job, and I'm getting the 3G S next week.

I was just wondering if it would be worth me getting MobileMe? You guys all seem to be in the know - What reason did YOU buy MobileMe?

9. exhibit.b thread starter macrumors regular

Its worth it if you can find a good deal. I got a family account last xmas for 30 bucks on amazon. I like it. I like have a me.com address. I use idisk all the time. Its just simple for me when i use iphoto or imovie and it lets me upload to idisk right from the application.

10. iFerd macrumors 6502a

Wow, is that ever a great deal! Do you remember what time of year you found it. I know at Christmas time, but before? After? I have to watch for that this year. Was it an Amazon sale, or did you nab it from an affiliated seller?

I like MobileMe a lot. I use it all the time to keep files accessible to myself from the various places I'm using a networked computer. iDisk coming for the iPhone will make it better, I expect, although I still have the now-removed MobileFiles, which seems similar.

11. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

exhibit.b is right and it looks like Apple will continue to release new features for the iPhone, Macs and MobileMe. Soon Apple will be releasing the iDisk app that gives you easy access to your files on your iDisk on MM.

Also if you have an AEBS or Time Capsule with MobileMe you can access a hard drive hooked up to them and access files that way to.

12. exhibit.b thread starter macrumors regular

It was like a week before christmas. It was from an affiliated seller. Also try to find a .mac 5.0 account instead of the mobileme accounts. Those tend to be cheaper. But its all the same thing.

13. qpid360 macrumors 6502

qpid360

14. Justinf79 macrumors 6502

Justinf79

Considering I have MobileMe, this could be rather cool. :)

15. mtehonica macrumors regular

Anyone able to get the sound to work while the phone is in silent mode?? Mine just vibrates. :confused:

16. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

Make sure you check "Play sound for up to 2 minutes" otherwise it just sends the message without any sound.

17. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

I sent it without the check mark and it played the usual notification beep when it came in.

18. mtehonica macrumors regular

Yup I did, but I just realized it you have your sound turned all the way down under Settings->Sounds then you will not hear the sound it plays. Hrm.

19. mathewr macrumors 6502

Hi. I went to me.com. It says no iPhone registered. Any help would be appreciated.

20. mtehonica macrumors regular

Do you have your me.com email account set up on your iPhone?

21. hardliner macrumors member

hardliner

Gentlemen,

how can I activate my iPhone (Orinigal one with the metal back) with MobileMe? Or do I really have o wait till 17th June for OS3?

Best

22. mathewr macrumors 6502

Yes I get my me email on my phone. Thank u for seeing my question and trying to help

23. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Are you using iPhone OS 3.0?

24. cualexander macrumors 6502a

For the Find my iPhone to be really useful this is what they should do. When the iPhone's battery is around 10% left, automatically send a location marker up to the mobile me servers.

So even if your phone is dead, it can say, "Your phone was last powered on at this location...."

If they did that, it would be super sweet.

25. JGruber macrumors 6502

or it would be nice for them to add the 'Find my iPhone' feature in the MobileMe preferences on the Mac. So I don't have to access me.com and login in and stuff to find it. It's not hard, but it would be easier in my opinion.