Finder display issues with Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by mike9, Jul 20, 2011.

1. mike9 macrumors newbie

Is anyone experiencing issues when scrolling in the listview of Finder? The window gets currupted. See the attached screen shot. This does not happen allways, but sometimes. This on a mid 2011 iMac i7, 2GB video ram. Upgraded from SL.

Mike

Attached Files:

2. younker macrumors member

younker

That's the exact problem I have with my iMac 27 (2011 Mid), but with my iMac 24 (2007 Mid), I haven't encounter this problem. I think this is only happens on Finder on some macs. Hope this can be solved in next update.

3. Jenni8 macrumors member

I have a mid 2011 27" base iMac. Just tested it out, no problems so far here.

4. gentlefury macrumors 68030

That's a refresh issue....could be a bad graphics card, could be a heat issue...could just be a bad driver in the first release.

5. basher macrumors 6502

basher

Most likely a driver doubtful it's hardware since it only happens to me in finder when a folder has a couple of hundred files.

6. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

This is a new feature of Lion, it's called "Mac OS X Shuffle"!

7. mrboxer macrumors newbie

Have exactly the same problem here, with a 27 inch iMac mid 2011. With Snow Leopard there's no issues with video at all, only with Lion.

Attached Files:

8. rpmucha23 macrumors newbie

2011 iMac 3.4 i7/6970M 1GB - Same problem after upgrading to Lion.

Looks exactly like the OP's attached picture, i can get it to reproduce the problem pretty easily by flicking the scrolling up and down very quickly on my magic mouse/trackpad.

Minimizing the window, and then recalling it back to the screen sometimes corrects it. Tried deleting the com.apple.finder cache, and plist and that didn't work. The thread on the apple discussion board had no answers either but had quite a few people with the same problem.

Hoping for a update soon, or workaround.

9. mobtek macrumors newbie

mobtek

I've got a mid 2011 iMac too, not had this exact video corruption but several others in finder and especially Safari

10. cableguy187 macrumors newbie

Same here..

Has anyone tried to do a clean install of lion to see if this fixes it?

I find if you resize the finder window, this will help..

11. pbrooks macrumors regular

pbrooks

Same problem here. Not too worried. It'll get sorted in an update. I also have an issue where the Finder is intermittently not displaying the icons of PDF files on my desktop. I don't have icon previews enabled and I've tried permissions repair as well going to File>Get Info... to cut/paste in a generic PDF file icon (a functionality that no longer seems to work).