Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

c:\windows

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
Houston, Texas
I have a FingerWorks TouchStream LP Keyboard that I bought a few years ago. It is a full sized keyboard multitouch style (check out the web site)
http://www.fingerworks.com/ST_product.html

It's a really cool keyboard. Unfortunately, not enough people thought so and they went out of business. On the web site it says it works on the mac but I was wondering if anyone has one and has any issues with it.

I just bought my first Mac, a Mac pro, still waiting for it to arrive.

Thanks,

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
It's a really cool keyboard. Unfortunately, not enough people thought so and they went out of business.

Actually, that's not true. People thought it was so cool that Apple bought the company and they shut down because of that. The founders work at Apple now, and are responsible for a lot of the multitouch stuff coming out of apple.

I haven't seen the TouchStream in action. Any chance of posting a video of it's use?

arn

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
Houston, Texas
Actually, that's not true. People thought it was so cool that Apple bought the company and they shut down because of that. The founders work at Apple now, and are responsible for a lot of the multitouch stuff coming out of apple.
arn

Wow, thats crazy.

Makes me smile to see the touchstream guys ended up making out well. I thought they went out of business. Good for them :)

I will post a video in the next few days.

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
Houston, Texas
never used one of those but i saw one once.

but anyone ever try this??
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8307842&type=product&id=1173577735014

that would cool to combine gestures and the laser keyboard, that way we could all use tablets or something

Yup I did try that one. I personally didn't really like it that much, it lagged and could only "see" keys not gestures. The gestures on the touchstream are way cool. Its a totally different way of interacting with the computer, it is like sign language. I love the touchstream. Not $2000 worth of love however.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.