FingerWorks TouchStream LP Keyboard on a Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by c:\windows, Mar 15, 2008.

1. c:\windows macrumors member

I have a FingerWorks TouchStream LP Keyboard that I bought a few years ago. It is a full sized keyboard multitouch style (check out the web site)
    http://www.fingerworks.com/ST_product.html

It's a really cool keyboard. Unfortunately, not enough people thought so and they went out of business. On the web site it says it works on the mac but I was wondering if anyone has one and has any issues with it.

I just bought my first Mac, a Mac pro, still waiting for it to arrive.

Thanks,

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Actually, that's not true. People thought it was so cool that Apple bought the company and they shut down because of that. The founders work at Apple now, and are responsible for a lot of the multitouch stuff coming out of apple.

I haven't seen the TouchStream in action. Any chance of posting a video of it's use?

arn

3. c:\windows thread starter macrumors member

Wow, thats crazy.

Makes me smile to see the touchstream guys ended up making out well. I thought they went out of business. Good for them :)

I will post a video in the next few days.

4. c:\windows thread starter macrumors member

5. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

6. benlangdon macrumors 65832

benlangdon

7. c:\windows thread starter macrumors member

Yup I did try that one. I personally didn't really like it that much, it lagged and could only "see" keys not gestures. The gestures on the touchstream are way cool. Its a totally different way of interacting with the computer, it is like sign language. I love the touchstream. Not $2000 worth of love however.