- Aug 6, 2006
release note http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/3.6/releasenotes/
whats new for developers https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Firefox_3.6_for_developers* Available in more than 70 languages - get your local version.
* Support for a new type of theme called Personas, which allow users to change Firefox's appearance with a single click.
* Protection from out-of-date plugins to keep users safer as they browse.
* Open, native video can now be displayed full screen and supports poster frames.
* The ability for web developers to indicate that scripts should run asynchronously to speed up page load times.
* Continued support for downloadable web fonts using the new WOFF font format.
* Support for new CSS attributes such as gradients, background sizing, and pointer events.
* Support for new DOM and HTML5 specifications including the Drag & Drop API and the File API, which allow for more interactive web pages.
* Changes to how third-party software can integrate with Firefox in order to prevent crashes.