First actual turbine powered batmobile

velocityg4

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
This is the only Batmobile created that makes fiction reality. It is powered by a military spec Boeing turboshaft engine driving the rear wheels through a semi automatic gearbox. It features a custom tube frame/monocoque chassis with fully independant suspension, disc brakes, and a sequential shifter. It runs on kerosene, diesel, or Jet fuel and has a power to weight ratio comparable to a Dodge Viper. The car is registered and insured for the road in the United States. Built in 2011 by Casey Putsch of Putsch Racing . com.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZSBpFMWk-M&feature=player_embedded

I didn't see this posted anywhere and thought it was quite interesting. Now if only I had the big bucks to afford one of these.

velocityg4

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
I just would like it if he would post more info about it. Apparently it is using a Boeing turbine engine from a decommissioned military helicopter, semi-auto transmission and all racing components.

He needs to post some performance data. So we can all know the horsepower, torque, 1/4 mile, handling and MPG data.

Though it is still missing the rear rocket engine for that extra boost and the heavy armor plating:rolleyes:.

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
"Thanks for picking up the groceries honey"
WHAT?
"I said Thanks for picking up the groceries honey"
WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU. WHAT DID YOU SAY???
"I SAID THANKS FOR PICKING UP THE GROCERIES YOU IDIOT!"
YES, I WOULD LIKE PICKLES ON MY TUNA SANDWICH"

Why does a dog lick itself?
Because it CAN, not because it should.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.