First Apple Iphone 4 ATT Bill a little high!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sandkicks, Jul 22, 2010.

1. sandkicks macrumors member

My Iphone 4 Att bill was a little high like twice what I I expected. 207 dollars. I know there is an activation fee. But not that 100 dollars over what i was expecting to pay.

2. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

What was the extra $100 for? It should be listed in your bill.

3. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

Did you see an itemized bill?
    Where are the charges wrong?

4. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Same with mine... im thinking its because the bill is due August 9? So essentially you are paying for 2 months (July and August) since you always pay a month in advance?

5. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

You are thinking? Did you not look over your bill?

6. sandkicks thread starter macrumors member

I don't get a bill for 10 days or some bs. the bill is due on Aug 9th. lol. :mad:

7. gigemzach macrumors 6502

When I ordered my phone through AT&T I was forced to pay the activation fee at that time..??

8. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

You should be able to view it on AT&T's web site.

9. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

Just read your bill. If you see charges that in your opinion should not be there, call AT&T.
    My first iPhone 4 bill was high too. The second bill was about $100 less.

10. nparmelee macrumors 6502

Are these new accounts with AT&T? If so, we go through this every year, you are billed for the first and second month on the first bill.

11. sandkicks thread starter macrumors member

It says I won't be able to view my bill for 6 to 7 days. The bill is due on the 9th. I know this is crap. It basically will not present a bill. I know I have stayed within my limits too, cause I check my account often.

12. sandkicks thread starter macrumors member

nparmelee, so am I getting charged for June/july or July/August. Yes it's a new account. Thanks by the way for clearing this up. I just wish ATT could do the same.:)

13. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

Don't pay the activation fee. Give them a call a bs with the customer service rep, be extra extra nice, say thank you, I appreciate your time, the works. This has worked for me several times, both with activation fees, upgrade fees, and any other kind of pure profit fee. Usually takes me a few minutes.

14. nparmelee macrumors 6502

It depends on the date the service started, if it started June 23rd, then its June 23-July23rd and July 23rd-Aug 23rd and your next bill would be for Aug 23rd-Sept 23rd. The differences you might see would be for text messages if you don't have a text message plan or go over it, those they can only bill for as of the billing date after the fact. It can still get funky for other things that you may add to your plan and then take off, those are usually only billed as of billing dates too (things like international plans and the tethering plans).

15. dagored macrumors 65816

Not bad, mine was 208 and correct. I was billed for three days - and then one month. With activation fees for two phones - a family plan, etc. I checked it all out.

Go to an AT&T store. Mine has nice people - compared to Verizon - they explained the bill - how to pay using the machine in the store and all kinds of other good stuff. I was hesitant about changing carriers, but all went smooth and my wife and I could not be happier with the phones and the service.

16. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

is it a new contract? if yes, then it's usually normal for at&t to charge you twice the first month (pro-rated).

17. TheBama macrumors 6502

TheBama

Don't have the full bill yet, but mine is $180, lower than usual, but I'm supposed to have some credits for some bad billing last month. If I got the credits I expect, my bill would have been $235 which is about right considering the expected $18 upgrade fee.

18. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Then how do you know how much it is? :confused:

19. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Here is why. You mentioned you are new, so here is the WHY of such a high bill.

Activation Fee + Pro-rated charges [includes, Data, Minutes, SMS, etc] + Bill for the month + taxes

Add that all in you get a high bill for the first month, after that, it's the advertised bill you expect. This is assuming you stay within limits of your plans.

20. TheBama macrumors 6502

TheBama

You can see your balance in your AT&T account several days before you get the paper bill or can view the full bill online.

21. MikieMcBikie macrumors regular

i think it has been said...but wth

pay for recent useage(prorated for when you started cycle)

then one month in advance

it is in your bill they sent you.... would have took less time to read it than post here fyi

22. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

AT&T charges you a month ahead so your first bill is always a big one. Call and ask, it's confusing and I think kind of a scam, but that's what they do.

23. thatisme macrumors 6502

thatisme

Yeah... I forgot ghat AT&T pre-bills you for next months service, which is thoroughly confusing....