Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pcypert

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2006
Bangkok
The Kotaku review said it was a few hours in before you started feeling the refinement. That at first blush it would really seem like more of the same, but they guy who reviewed said he didn't really dig the first one and really liked the second one. Can't wait.

Paul

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Finished single player campaign (on easy) and it was a good 8-9 hour ride.

Pretty much all the criticisms i had with the first game are still there, but the atmosphere and story kept me going.

Enjoyed rescuing & adopting the little sisters. However it's a shame that they are not given much individualism, they are all identikit.

Good game, haven't tried multiplayer and if im honest, can't be bothered to.

MorphingDragon

macrumors 603
Mar 27, 2009
The World Inbetween
I'll wait too. Wasn't keen on the first one and had to drag my way to my current location. I'll get it when it hits £3 in the Steam sale though.
A side note - I don't get how all these new mini-sequels are all okay to people, but when L4D2 did it people screamed that it should be DLC! People!

Is it me or does Valve ignore their biggest user base? Half Life.

--

Bioshock was bug free for once! (PS3 version)

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
Finished single player campaign (on easy) and it was a good 8-9 hour ride.

Pretty much all the criticisms i had with the first game are still there, but the atmosphere and story kept me going.

Enjoyed rescuing & adopting the little sisters. However it's a shame that they are not given much individualism, they are all identikit.

Good game, haven't tried multiplayer and if im honest, can't be bothered to.

I finished it last night on medium. For a long time it felt more like Bioshock 1.5, not more than a mere add-on, but the story kept going and I got more involved. All in all I enjoyed it a lot, not as much as the original, but it is a good ride. I've got a work colleague who has gone down the "evil" route and is harvesting left right and centre and killing off the characters you have to make a choice over. Let's just say Eleanor is a different daughter under his mentorship! It'll be interesting to see how his game ends...

And it lines up again nicely for a 3rd Bioshock :spoiler white text alert:
Eleanors line about it not being the end of Raptures story, just the beginning? I took the nice guy path: saved every little sister, didn't kill the old woman, but did off the reporter (no merit in saving that weasel) and gave Gil his final sane wish. I was looking forward to my character getting out with Eleanor and being able to take off the damn suit instead of dying and being "stored" and being reduced to "break in the case of emergencies"...but then I'm a softy at heart.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
^ Yeah I basically ended up with exact same outcome.

As you say it felt more Bioshock 1.5 really than a sequel.

Not sure about another trip to Rapture. I really have had my fill now.

oh... tried multiplayer. Nice lobby home idea, but everything else.. pass.

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
^ Yeah I basically ended up with exact same outcome.

As you say it felt more Bioshock 1.5 really than a sequel.

Not sure about another trip to Rapture. I really have had my fill now.

oh... tried multiplayer. Nice lobby home idea, but everything else.. pass.

Forgot there was a multiplayer with this one. Can't say I'm tempted, I would have much preferred if they'd sunk the time taken to produce an MP element into the SP campaign...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.