first dating,...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by stanfordtechman, Sep 3, 2008.

1. stanfordtechman macrumors member

i met a girl last week. i want to take her out to somewhere we can get closer each other. where should i go???

2. fluidedge macrumors 65816

fluidedge

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I recommend the wasteland. I'll check back a little later to see if I made a good recommendation.

4. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

Agreed. The ambiance leaves a bit to be desired, but does provide substantial privacy.

5. shecky Guest

shecky

definitely a strip club. if not that, then maybe a tour of the local slaughterhouse. carnage makes an excellent first impression.

6. wgr73 macrumors 6502a

wgr73

7. stanfordtechman thread starter macrumors member

i like that. what kind of food and movie???

8. wgr73 macrumors 6502a

wgr73

Ask her!:cool:

EDIT: I mean ask her what kind of food she likes, then go from there. Hopefully you like the same type of food ;)

9. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

take her fishing , set it all up before hand , chill a bottle of vino in the river, lake, sea, whatever, have a picnic hamper there too, with the essentials some plates/eating irons etc to eat a little salad , a ready to go BBQ nothing to over the top , you know , then you go meet up, offer to take her for a nice walk and stroll on down to the place with all the gear , crack the wine , throw in the line and start talking .....

..... if you manage to land anything you can provide a hot dinner , this way you can get to know the lass ,by talking to her .

she will be expecting a film or some crappy restaurant or something , your a mac user , think outside the box ;)

EDIT > I was thinking a little further down the line ( no pun intended)......................first date >take her for a walk and a talk .

10. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

...is this a serious thread?

Taco Bell.

11. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I'd recommend against a movie for a first date. If you're wanting to find out a bit more about her and what you have in common, then it might not be the best idea to go to a place where you're supposed to sit in the dark paying attention to something else and chatting is frowned upon.

Just saying, like.

12. fluidedge macrumors 65816

fluidedge

no competitive things are to be avoided at all costs.

13. stanfordtechman thread starter macrumors member

yeah i think watching a movie is not a good idea on first date.
    what about taking her to the nice lounge/bar after dinner ?

14. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

This is a good stand by for a first date. Safe, I'd say.

Otherwise, if she's the type, take her out for rollerblading in the park, then out to pizza then a movie. Be a sweet, polite, every-day-guy type of thing. Also, big kudos for getting her physically exerted. Working up a sweat gets her endorphines going (or some hormone I forget which one) - which will stir romance. I don't mean be seedy: I just mean if she remembers it as a romantic, sweet time she'll want to go out with you again.

15. wgr73 macrumors 6502a

wgr73

Dont goto a bar...a nice lounge is good, just dont get crazy with the drinks!:p I would usually do one or the other, but its up to you. If the restaurant has good wine/drinks you could do that and then go for a walk after...maybe there is a mall or outside stores/plazas nearby. Play it by ear..:D

16. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If you're old enough to actually go to a bar then you're too old to be asking dating advice here. ;)
    Movies on a date are pointless unless you just want to get into her panties and learn nothing about her.

17. stanfordtechman thread starter macrumors member

thx guys. i will take her to the nice italian restaurant first and then go to a nice lounge. do you think it is a bad idea if i ask her to have a tea/hot choco at my studio after lounge ??

18. stanfordtechman thread starter macrumors member

okay.. i think i got some plan.. thank you guys.

19. nakamuramori2 macrumors regular

i dont think it is a good idea to bring her home on first date. Negative.

20. olym2008 macrumors newbie

olym2008

Yeah I agree :cool:

21. Sideonecincy macrumors 6502

Take her drinking. You'll be able to find out anything about her and if you don't like her, well just get so drunk that you won't even remember going out with her...

22. Phillyzero macrumors regular

Phillyzero

If you have to go to a movie, I'd say movie first than food, that way you can at least have that to talk about.

23. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

dinner and a movie is absolutely the lamest thing you can do.

Just be creative, somewhere that you can get to know her and converse but you're also doing something. Walk around the zoo or a park or just have fun. I one time picked up some sidewalk chalk.

Honestly be unique, you will see much better results.

24. n00basaur macrumors regular

Horrible idea. Movie = no time to talk. Dinner = can get expensive and can have those awkward silence moments.

Take her to an activity like bowling or mini-golf. Makes it easier to talk and is more fun anyways.

Don't put your eggs in one basket either (date other girls).