First day with milanese loop

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bounou, Apr 24, 2015.

1. bounou macrumors 6502

bounou

So i got my watch at around noon and pretty much had it on for about 7 hours.

Something i found surprising is that the milanese loop started being fairly uncomfortable after 2-3 hours.

Felt tight and my skin was sensitive after wearing it.

Not going to return it or exchange it, i have a leather loop and sports band coming soon and i was never really planning to use the loop as my primary band but after my try on sessions the loop is the band i felt was the most comfortable so kind of surprised that it did not pan out the way I expected.

Other then that (and a few other things) I love this thing!

2. skywest153 macrumors member

Keep in mind your wrist size will fluctuate throughout the day!

3. Jim4D macrumors member

I'm having similar issues, wish I had the classic leather buckle now. I think it's going to be a case of fine tuning how far up the wrist to wear it comfortablly and how tight to adjust it. I am always worried its not tight enough to get a good hear rate sense so keep it fairly tight which doesn't allow my skin to breathe :eek:

4. franzkfk macrumors regular

franzkfk

I thought about it. The problem with these magnetic loops are that they are infinitely adjustable. When you are puting it on you'll have to size it a little bit loose. Probably a little more. Otherwise it will hurt.

5. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

On 4/10 I had ordered a 42mm SS Milanese right at 3:01am eastern with 4/24 shipping and on 4/12 I cancelled because of this concern. I ended up ordering a Link Bracelet 42mm SS on 4/18 with June ship. Sucks that I have to wait so long but I had a feeling I would have issues with that Milanese loop.

6. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

It's a shame Apple did not offer at least one stretchy bracelet for those you like those, and can fluctuate in size as your wrist does over time.

7. ninjadex macrumors 6502

The leather loop band might be a good choice as it will give you the adjustability of the milanese, along with some additional flexibility due to the leather. I think it's a good second band for milanese owners.

8. BillyTrimble macrumors 6502a

Interesting. Your experience exactly mirrors mine. I originally was going to get the leather loop, but selected the milanese to get the watch faster. Tried the milanese at the store and loved it. But now that I have the watch, the band become a bit uncomfortable after a while. Perhaps too tight and I'll have to play with it.

Meanwhile, I was going to cancel the order I made for the leather loop. Now I'll keep it.

Other than that, which isn't a major issue, I love the watch.

9. CharlieBrandt09 macrumors 6502

CharlieBrandt09

I think Milanese Loop is going to be my first accessory purchase (unless a third party band comes out that I like better).

I have the blue sport band, and although I love the feel of it and the materials used, I am in between sizes! I've had this issue in the past with watches.

The holes watch companies use in their bands must be a universal measurement, lol.

10. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

Absolutely the same experience here. It becomes a little heavy and uncomfortable on the wrist after a few hours. But I expected it, and I intend to wear a sports strap during the day (when it arrives) and the Milanese in more formal settings. :)

11. jbizzybeetle macrumors regular

Happily mine worked out great all day! 42mm SS. I'm still clumsy handling it on and off as the magnet is so strong. I fit it around the form in the box with opening at sensors to place charger. Just a little more muscle memory to work on.

12. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

I'm having the same problem with my SS with black sport band. I'm in between sizes and have to choose the tighter size. After several hours my wrist feels uncomfortable and a bit sweaty even though yesterday I didn't exert myself much after the watch arrived in the evening.

I was thinking of getting the Milanese loop or the classic band. Sigh... I'm going to have to go back for another try on appointment I guess.

I did notice during my last try on that the Sport did feel better on me with the Sport band. Helped that it was lighter than SS by far.

13. bounou thread starter macrumors 6502

bounou

See that's the reason I posted at first, the milanese is super comfortable at first, so during your try on you will love it, it's later when you have been wearing it for a few hours.

Of course i am sure plenty of people will disagree with me, as in all things your mileage may vary lol

14. kdog0126 macrumors member

At least you guys have yours. Ordered mine on 4/10 at 2:05 cst and mine is still processing.

15. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

No disrespect nor insubordination intended, but to those who complain about the Milanese Loop feeling to tight after a while; you do remember that it is almost infinitely adjustable and it should only take 2 to 3 seconds to re-adjust it, right?

That is one of the main benefits of a infinitely adjustable anything.

16. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

I'm with you. All these people posting problems and complaints is getting discouraging. I just want mine already so I can see for myself.

17. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

If you decide to sell the ML band I would be interested. Seriously, PM me if you do decide to sell it.

18. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

Having the "shark mesh" on my Omega Seamster, I love the Milanese loop, that's actually what I got and preferred over the link. I may eventually get the link bracelet down the road as a accessory, but I love how the mesh design contours to your wrist.

Not exactly sure how you say the Milanese loop is too tight, when YOU are the one sizing it to your wrist with a ton of adjustability. To each their own I suppose.

19. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

The watch itself is amazing. I'm just having trouble with my sport band. OP is having trouble with the Milanese. Not everyone will, we are all different. Don't worry about it.

20. ttexxan macrumors regular

I was torn about the Milanese band, but loving it more now wearing for a day. I was worried would look too formal at times.

I hate to admit but really like the white band as well----being a guy got bashed on that one at work. I did order another black sports band though

21. BillyTrimble macrumors 6502a

I think the problem was that I made it too tight to be sure the taptic and heart monitor would work. I'm now wearing it more loosely. It feels better and the taptic and heart are fine.

22. Sphyrna macrumors regular

I'm loving my milanese loop! The beauty of it is that it is almost infinitely adjustable. I only wore mine for about 6 hours last night after getting it but I did find it feeling a little tighter at one point. So I just adjusted it real quick. Today when I put it on I purposely didn't put it on as tight as yesterday, giving a little room for my wrist to expand and breathe. I also found it helps to just lift up on the watch after a couple hours so it doesn't "stick" to my skin.

23. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Exactly. I found mine actually became MORE comfortable was the day went on, to the point where I barely noticed it. I wore it slightly loose, where there was still good contact with the back of the watch but I could easily slide a finger under it. When I went to the gym I tightened it up a bit just to make sure I was getting good contact. Then afterwards, I loosened it up just a fraction. I wore it from about 1:30 PM when I received it to about 1 AM when I went to bed!

----------

Don't be discouraged! You will have it soon and you will love it!

24. BillyTrimble macrumors 6502a

Shame on you for not wearing your new toy to bed. :) Just kidding. I don't wear my watch while sleeping either. Now that I've loosened the milanese, it continues to be very comfortable.

25. NJRonbo macrumors 68000

Love my Milanese Loop. First day, have been wearing it for over 9 hours and it has been extremely comfortable. So happy I went with it.