Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The first episode of the second season of the Apple TV+ original series "See" has premiered on Apple TV+, with new episodes premiering on the platform every week on Friday.

see-apple-tv-plus.jpg

The second season of the show will run for eight episodes. According to Apple, it'll include the story of Baba Voss, played by lead actor Jason Momoa, attempting to be reunited with his family. The show's first season premiered on Apple TV+ in 2019 and followed the story of humanity losing its ability to see.

Earlier in July, the second season of Ted Lasso premiered on Apple TV+, with the upcoming second season of "The Morning Show" set to premiere in September.

Article Link: First Episode of 'See' Season Two Premieres on Apple TV+

star-affinity

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2007
I liked the first season, but there was something about one scene there in one of the last episodes (can't remember exactly) that lacked believability and ruined things a little. Now, for things to be believable they don't have to be realistic in my view, but even in a fantasy world there are limits that can be crossed. :)

groovebuster

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2002
3rd rock from the sun...
I am completely torn about this show.... I like it and I don't like t at the same time. While the whole setting is quite interesting, there are just too many plot holes and things that don't make sense. The thing that bothered the most right from the start was, that quite some things were colourful or/and carefully arranged color schemes were used to some extent. While I understand that they have to make the whole show with its aesthetics pleasing to the eye of the audience, blind people basically don't care about color or color combinations. At least not in the way how seeing folks would do. There is that old movie, but I don't remember exactly which one. A guy (maybe Dean Martin) pretending to be blind is in hospital and he wishes for a color TV, because it sounds so much better than a b/w TV... ;)

Last edited:

tsukeyomi

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2013
I didn't like this one at all (watched 3 or 4 episodes). To my taste, the BS was too strong in this one but I'm happy for people that enjoy it as they now have more of it now.

Reactions: SFjohn and Huck

uller6

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2010
I saw a couple episodes of this, and really couldn't get into it. I can't believe it got renewed for more seasons.

Reactions: Huck

grjj

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2014
I really didn’t like it, turned it off after the first episode
I'm with you. I just can't get past how implausible that level of society is with no sight. Why "decorate" yourself if no-one can see it, for example.
The entire premise is just ludicrously stupid.

With no sight war is: stumble around until you hear someone. Throroughly check their outfit for identifying marks or ask them for a password. Swing blindly until you kill them if the responses aren't correct. It would go nothing like what the show does.

tkaravou

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2020
I liked the first season, but there was something about one scene there in one of the last episodes (can't remember exactly) that lacked believability and ruined things a little. Now, for things to be believable they don't have to be realistic in my view, but even in a fantasy world there are limits that can be crossed. :)
I agree with this. That scene was so bad that it made me not want to continue watching season 2 because it ruined the whole story imo

Ojiisan

macrumors member
May 10, 2019
Liked the first season. You need to watch more than the first episode.. I've been waiting for Season 2.. Good series..

freediverx00

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2020
I watched the whole first season. At first I was impressed by the great production values and on-location scenery. But that first impression was quickly surpassed by disappointment in the quality of the writing and acting. Maybe I'm just too picky.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.