First Game!

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by GarrySmith, Aug 24, 2011.

1. GarrySmith macrumors newbie

I have just start new thread here about your first game, when & where you have played first game.............?

I remember it, I have played first Super Mario World game in my friend house. I really liked this game. It is very nice game!

2. blunti macrumors 6502a

invaders back in 1982 or so. cartridge game on the atari=]

3. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

To be a NERD, my first arcade game was Astroids. There was one at the local super market.

My first game on TV was on a FairChild F and I don't know the name of the game(s), I just recall it was a multi-cart or something like that.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I was way too young, might have been Ghostbusters or Popeye on my dads Spectrum.
    First game I owned was probably Super Mario Bros.

5. Fugue macrumors 6502

I don't remember the first video game I played, but I do remember what got me into PC gaming.

I wish I remembered the name of it(someone please help), but it was basically a tank/fps type of game. You got to pick a tank, and then you drove around a barren landscape picking up weapons to destroy other tanks.

After that, I transitioned into WoW and COD, as well as Medal of Honor. Ah, good times.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Sounds like Battlezone.

7. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Hmmmm, I'm pretty sure it was King's Quest V.:)

8. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

I think my first game was Adventure (on the PC). Although I did play Pong whenever I got the chance.

Damn I'm old.

9. dzigg macrumors member

Hmm.. it must be atari games, space invaders probably, what ever game came with the console.. lol.

10. Deedolito macrumors regular

Deedolito

It was Pong on an old console I can't even remember the name of...

The thing was huge and didn't use cartridges...hifi audio like switches. Freaky :)

11. FluffyPop macrumors member

"Formula 1" by Mastertronic on the Commodore 16 :)

12. rezenclowd3 macrumors 6502a

rezenclowd3

Undoing the work of Priuses: burning gas & rubber
    Oops I remembered wrong. I think it was Balloon on OS 6? No color of course.. One just held the mouse button down to fill the balloon with hot air to rise and fall to avoid pelicans...

13. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Mine was Super Mario Bros for NES.

I remember being naturally attracted to video games, wanting a Nintendo when Ames sold them and not even knowing what a Nintendo was or did.

Then my eyes were opened at a friends house when I got to play Super Mario Bros for 2 seconds (since he was one of those friends who were like "Hey, let me show you this!" and yanked the controller away).

I finally got a Nintendo for I believe my 10th birthday.

14. Paulyboy macrumors 6502

Probably Pong on The Odyssey Game Console. The first computer game was probably Ancient Art of War or Wizardry on a Mac Plus.

-PN

15. Hastings101 macrumors 68000

Hastings101

Tetris was the first game I played, it was on my father's Gameboy and it was sometime in the early 90s. Was a lot of fun.

The first game I actually wanted to buy was Kirby SuperStar on the Super Nintendo lol

16. gregorsamsa macrumors 6502a

(Metamorphosing near) Staffs, 51st State.
    Either Sensible Soccer (arguably still one of the best football games ever) or Chaos Engine at a friends house on his Atari ST, circa 1992. Great times!

17. Killery96 macrumors 6502

The first games I ever played were probably the original Bugdom and Wingnuts. However, The one that is best implanted in my memory is Oni, and Myth III, both from Bungie. Unfortunately I can play neither now that you can't use Rosetta on Lion. Not that i NEED to play them, played the crap out of those things...

18. Golem macrumors 6502

I dont think it was pong but pong was the first game console we owned. Space invaders perhaps. We got a Apple II in 79 as well and I remember typing in games from magazines.(cassete tape drive)

Earlier then that their was a visit to a Technology Museum where they had something like a submarine telescope that you looked through to fight planes but I dont actually know if it had a screen.

19. soLoredd macrumors 6502a

Mine was Combat on Atari 2600 and Richard Petty's Talladega for C64.

LOAD "*",8 anyone?

20. PowerGamerX macrumors 6502a

PowerGamerX

It was either Flight Unlimited or Commander Keen on DOS. My dad used to set it up for me and help me play. :)