Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple customers in the United Kingdom who pre-ordered HomePod have started receiving shipping despatch notifications this morning. Those who ordered before initial supplies began dwindling earlier this week can expect deliveries to arrive sometime on Friday, which is Apple's official launch day for HomePod.

uk-homepod-delivery-800x731.jpg
Images via @ryancarter_94

As expected, it looks as if Apple is relying on DPD to courier the majority of HomePods to homes across the U.K. Using their tracking information provided by Apple, customers can use the DPD website or download and install the DPD iPhone app and request a time slot for delivery, which are subject to availability.

Earlier today, customers in Australia who ordered a HomePod for February 9 began receiving shipment notifications. It's Thursday evening on February 8 in Australia, so the first HomePod deliveries will begin in the country in just a matter of hours.

Customers expecting launch day delivery in the United States may be able to locate their HomePod's shipping information by going to the UPS website, selecting the track by reference number option, and entering the phone number associated with a HomePod order.

Apple is no longer offering the HomePod for February 9 delivery or in-store pickup, but John Lewis, Argos, EE, and Currys PC World may have stock available for U.K. customers, while Apple will likely have a supply of HomePods available for walk-in purchase in retail stores in the U.S., UK, and Australia on launch day.

(Thanks, Ryan!)

Article Link: First HomePod Orders Start Shipping Out to Customers in the U.K.

SD449

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2012
Well this is weird...

Ordered 2, 1 of each colour and ticked the box to say ship individually if quicker.

Both have just been dispatched
1 coming via UKMail
1 coming via DPD

Very strange?!?

philipc121

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2009
London, UK
Well this is weird...

Ordered 2, 1 of each colour and ticked the box to say ship individually if quicker.

Both have just been dispatched
1 coming via UKMail
1 coming via DPD

Very strange?!?

Which colour is which? My white one is coming via DPD — I wonder if there is a correlation?!

pete2106

Suspended
Dec 7, 2012
I was in the Apple Store last night getting my watch looked at and while I was waiting one of the guys was trying to get me to come in at the weekend and try the HomePod. I think I'll be waiting for proper reviews because what I've heard so far isn't too promising. Great audio quality but kinda rubbish Siri, no voice access to Spotify.

Reactions: PJL500

simonmet

Cancelled
Sep 9, 2012
Sydney
I wonder how Apple intends to set up and demonstrate these speakers. Apple shops are usually quite noisy and not exactly conducive to critical listening.

We’ll find out tomorrow I guess. Australia will be the first of the launch countries to open their doors in about 9.5 hours.

PJL500

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2011
I would not buy a v1.0 of a new Apple product. Almost guaranteed disappointment. For instance, Apple Watch is only now ready at v3 (1 & 2 were poor betas.) They rush these products out half-baked: iPhone-1, iPad-1 anybody? Crazy.

WhiteHawk

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
Space Grey dispatched with DPD, yeah for DPD.
[doublepost=1518103228][/doublepost]
I would not buy a v1.0 of a new Apple product. Almost guaranteed disappointment. For instance, Apple Watch is only now ready at v3 (1 & 2 were poor betas.) They rush these products out half-baked: iPhone-1, iPad-1 anybody? Crazy.

Is this the thread for this?

orbital~debris

macrumors 68020
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe

Glad you added the “almost” qualifier :)

I had anything but disappointment for my original iPad and Apple Watch. Both excellent products that were ready for real use at launch.

I’m therefore really looking forward to HomePod.

KeithJenner

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2010
Glad you added the “almost” qualifier :)

I had anything but disappointment for my original iPad and Apple Watch. Both excellent products that were ready for real use at launch.

I’m therefore really looking forward to HomePod.

I couldn't agree more. Yes the Apple Watch 3 is a big improvement on the original Apple Watch, but that original was fantastic for me for the couple of years I had it. Given the choice of using that device for a couple of year or waiting, I'm extremely happy that I did the former.

Mtmspa

Suspended
May 13, 2013
I was in the Apple Store last night getting my watch looked at and while I was waiting one of the guys was trying to get me to come in at the weekend and try the HomePod. I think I'll be waiting for proper reviews because what I've heard so far isn't too promising. Great audio quality but kinda rubbish Siri, no voice access to Spotify.

As has been stated at least 209 times, Spotify works with AirPlay. Reviews on Siri as related to music and home automation have been positive. No, can’t order tp or call Uber, but I don’t care about those things. Can’t wait to get mine tomorrow.

Seanyboy

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2008
I’ve got a UKMail delivery for a Space Grey tomorrow.
Was hoping for DPD as they always text you at the start of the day with a one hour delivery window.
Does anyone know if UKMail do something similar?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.