Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tennisboygr

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2016
So, I took advantage of Verzion’s Black Friday deal last week and got the iPhone X. I’m coming from the iPhone 7 Plus.

Size: I’m really digging the size of the iPhone X. I have smaller hands, so it definitely feels better holding it with one hand compared to the 7 Plus.

Screen: Screen looks great (as it should). I don’t really mind the notch all that much. I like that it is similar in size to the Plus.

No Home Button: To be honest, I haven’t missed it at all. I like the Face ID. Especially since I have dry hands and the Touch ID wouldn’t always work for me consistently.

Cons: Most major (well, not major. More annoying) is the control center and having to swipe the upper right corner in order to bring it down. Not as natural as swiping from the bottom and I wish it there was an option to switch it.

Other than that, I’m liking it so far and look forward to trying out the new camera.

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
You’ll adjust to it all, trust me. I love my iPhone 10 and wouldn’t change a thing about it. Software wise, that’s a different story.

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
iPhone X is the best phone I've ever owned and I've had every model of iPhone released. You made a great choice picking one up over the newer generation devices.

I completely with your entire post. I have zero interest in the 2018 iPhones. They’d be better off continuing to sell the 2017 iPhone 10 over the 2018 iPhone XR. I’ve also owned every generation of the iPhone and the 10 is my favorite one, hands down.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
I really enjoy my iPhone X as well. I hope Apple keeps a similar design for the 2019 iPhone when I plan to upgrade again as it's my new favorite.

I'm afraid that Apple might go back to making the iPhone plain and boring again. There has been speculation that the iPhone in 2019 might adopt a more squared off edge with a uniform dull color.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.