First iPad Engraved

msduncan

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2010
I don't if I'm the first who engraved the iPad but, I own a laser machine and decided to add the logo of my business to my iPad. (I don't offer this service sorry) I just want ot share how is done and how it will look like.

I will post the video of the iPad been engraved as soon the upload finish.

Can you engrave my ipad?

Oh wait....

nStyle

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
How much is a laser machine? Seems like a pretty unoriginal business name, no offense. lol.

cdesigns

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
How much is a laser machine? Seems like a pretty unoriginal business name, no offense. lol.
The cost of a laser engraver is a few thousands, the business name is C Laser Designs I do custom R/C parts with it.

peetah

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2009
How much would you charge to engrave an iPad and where are you located?

brooks.curly

macrumors member
May 16, 2009
Missouri
How much would you charge to engrave an iPad and where are you located?
If I may save the OP some time... He doesn't offer this service. Understandably so. That would be a headache shipping iPads back and forth and dealing with money exchanges. Save it for the big guys at Apple.

tttexxan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
If I may save the OP some time... He doesn't offer this service. Understandably so. That would be a headache shipping iPads back and forth and dealing with money exchanges. Save it for the big guys at Apple.
you would make a killing doing this on the ipads

TxMacAddict

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2008
Seems like a sound ROI decision to offer the service for ipads. Personally I wouldn't get mine engraved. Was going to do that to my MacBook but I couldn't ever decide in what to put on it.

myoldwatermill

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2010
you would make a killing doing this on the ipads
I have to agree that it would be a good business move, till Apple offers it you would pretty much have a temporary monopoly, especially if you start early And people on the forums recommend you.

Just a thought.

Gen

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2008
Why not do iPads?
Especially through this website, you could make a killing - charging $50 a pop.

spammerhamster

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2010
I'd engrave the 10 Apple commandments on it.

BTW. I assume you won't be using the battery replacement program?

peetah

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2009
Who said anything about shipping? I'm flying/driving there with my iPad if he can do it for me. Maybe I'll have a few other things engraved such as my MacBook.

And as one other person said, its an opportunity to make a little extra $ on the side. Most businesses wouldn't mind having an alternative revenue stream.

derryquinn

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
I have an appointment on May 4th to get my iPad engraved with "DON'T PANIC" in large friendly lettering :p I can't wait :) Does anyone know if it will void my warranty for sure? I think it doesn't void your warranty on MacBooks so it should be the same right?

Ports

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
Bothell,WA
I don't know if I'm the first who engraved the iPad but, I own a laser machine and decided to add the logo of my business to my iPad. (I don't offer this service sorry) I just want ot share how is done and how it will look like.

Here is the video, it will show up soon it's still processing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGmUSPm2LJQ

Reminds me of "show and tell at school" This is very cool:cool:
I never had anything very interesting to show:(

Simgar988

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2009
UYBAATC
I have an appointment on May 4th to get my iPad engraved with "DON'T PANIC" in large friendly lettering :p I can't wait :) Does anyone know if it will void my warranty for sure? I think it doesn't void your warranty on MacBooks so it should be the same right?
I don't mean to bash on your idea, I'm more just curious as to your reasoning behind "DON'T PANIC". I feel like I'm missing something.