Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iososx

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2014
USA
Right... Hundreds of different reviewers are all shills... Same reviewers couldn't be bought by Samsung spending 10 times more than Apple on marketing? Does that sound logical?

I so love the conspiracy angle of everyone in the whole world being for Apple, or havng been bought buy Apple... Man, they are sooo "evil"!

That those poor hundreds of Android manufacturers, including Samsung the gentle giant and that small underdog company Google, can't possibly have the resources to do anything against Apple... Their kung fu must be weak, poor them! What will they do?

The whole scenario reeks of insanity! Especially considering that immense efforts those hundreds of companies put in selling their wares.

You're paranoia, your choice to imagine and assume is blocking the truth. If reading some facts and observations about Apple makes you so emotional, it's best you ignore the competition and bask in every word Apple utters.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
Yep, putting home button to backside would leave the whole front for screen. Why not?

I'm just sad that 6+ has even worse screen-on battery time than 5S.
Somebody should should make a exit poll when 6+ buyers come out of Apple store and ask, would they rather buy 1mm thicker phone, if they get 50% more battery capacity. I bet most of them would say yes.

Maybe Apple should understand that since there are "heavy users" that want bigger screen and 128GB of memory, they would also like to use the phone as long as those "not heavy users". 2mm more thickness to 128GB model and double the battery capacity!

This is Apple. I'm thinking on screen virtual Touch ID.

IMO, the thickness of the phone should be measured at the thickest part, the camera bezel.

Robstevo

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2014
To be honest I don't find it bad that apple still has a home button, mainly because at least you know the true screen size, as apposed to my nexus which says its a 5 inch screen but a bit of it is actually taken over by the software keys. The problem is the top bezel is huge for not apparent reason other than "artistic" consistency.

----------

IMO, the thickness of the phone should be measured at the thickest part, the camera bezel.

In practical terms though your never going to be touching the camera bezel, your holding the phones body not the cameras body, therefore the bodies thickness matters most.

----------

In practical terms though your never going to be touching the camera bezel, your holding the phones body not the cameras body, therefore the bodies thickness matters most.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
"I'm to sexy for my shirt"

lol.....

Sorry ....couldn't resist.

This is like the battle for more power... a whole 2 days ?

Under heavy use i guess, but u know what.. I leave my 5s in standby most of the time, and it lasts 5 days....

Solution ?Just cut down on the whole yakety-yak-yak... .. surfing, social networking etc... and any smart phone will last longer than 2 days.

(The Jedi knights are really gonna feel this one.)

Macinva

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2007
Really? I was thinking the opposite. This video made me want white/silver really badly.

I just prefer having the black face versus white. I don't like seeing the border on the white if I'm watching something whereas the black disappears to me. White is very elegant looking, I just like the black one. ;)

k995

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2010
There are dozens of major national retailers with NFC-capable terminals built into their card readers that haven't even bothered to turn it on. Best Buy as one obvious example. The list of major national retailers who support NFC payments fits on one keynote slide, fergodssakes!

Sure, technerds go out of their way to do this because, well... Technology! And yet it hasn't caught fire in the real world of retailing, Android phone support or no.

You want proof? When Subway just recently announced they were partnering with Softcard (formerly "Isis", how unfortunate was that name choice!) to roll out NFC payments to 26,000 restaurants in October it became the headline for every retail website and blog on the planet, in addition to the NFC blogs and tech websites. If NFC were ubiquitous, the Subway announcement wouldn't merit a blip on the radar.
The problem is you only think to pay with nfc but it has other applications as well.

Again I doubt we will be seeing any large improvement over the already existing systems, certainly world wide.

nia820

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2011
I just prefer having the black face versus white. I don't like seeing the border on the white if I'm watching something whereas the black disappears to me. White is very elegant looking, I just like the black one. ;)

Ditto. I hate white smartphones and tablets with a passion. The screen looks more crisp with a black border.

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2010
UK
I couldn’t decide between the 6 or 6 Plus when I was placing my pre order so I pre ordered them both with a view of sending one back.

After having a play around with them both with the things I use my iPhone for, I found the 6 Plus was better for me.

I opened the 6 first of all and my first impression was that I was a bit underwhelmed with the size of the screen. Moving from the 5s, it was only a tad more than half inch larger screen, and I was wanting a larger screen that I would notice, but feared the 6 Plus might have been not right for me, hence pre ordering both model.

I then opened the 6 Plus and my first impression was, its big. But after playing around with it for 10 minutes I didn’t find an issue with the size.

Playing games, using Safari, typing, I found the 6 Plus was better for me. Comparing the keyboard/keys size, side by side on the 5s, 6, 6 Plus. I found very little difference in the size of the keys between the 5s and the 6, whereas with the 6 Plus the keys were noticeable larger. And as I type a lot on my iPhone, the larger keys, keyboard are important for me. Also playing a landscape game such as Asphalt was a better experience on the 6 Plus.

One surprise, I was thinking that the 6 Plus might be awkward/uncomfortable to hold. But I find the opposite, I think the way Apple have designed them, with them been thin and rounded edges, this makes the iPhone easy/comfortable to hold. Also I find the large size of the 6 Plus makes me feel safer holding the iPhone over the smaller iPhones I owned previously, the larger size gives me more to grip and I feel a lot less likely to drop it (if that makes sense). Obviously the 6 Plus is not going to be a smartphone that can be used one handed, but I never used my previous iPhone’s one handed so I’m not bothered about this. Also, the 6 Plus fits in my jeans pocket quite comfortable, and isn't uncomfortably due to it been thin.

I must admit, I used to think “5 inch + smartphones, whats the point in them” but after using one for a few days I wouldn’t want to move back to a smaller one again.

I’m pleased I did what I did pre ordering the 6 and 6 Plus, it helped me make my choice a lot easier.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.