Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

It's just after 9:30a.m. in New Zealand, which means the first customers who ordered an iPhone SE or a 9.7-inch iPad Pro on March 24 are starting to receive their shipments. Soon, customers in Australia will begin receiving their devices, and the first Apple retail stores in the country will open for in-store sales.

New Zealanders have already started photos and news of their devices on social networks like Instagram, reddit, and Twitter, and a few lucky customers who ordered the 9.7-inch iPad Pro in the United States have also been receiving early shipments, as noted on Instagram, Twitter, and the MacRumors forums.

ipadproearlyarrival.jpg
Image via Instagram user Jamesreb

As March 31 hits around the world, the iPhone SE and the 9.7-inch iPad Pro will be available in first wave launch countries that include Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Singapore, the UK, US Virgin Islands, and the US. Retail stores in these countries will be opening at approximately 9:00 a.m. local time, letting customers make walk-in purchases.

Customers in these countries who already placed an order for a new device will begin receiving those devices as soon as shipping outlets begin work in the morning, likely around 8:00 a.m. local time. Following deliveries in Australia and New Zealand, customers in Japan, China, Hong Kong, and Singapore will receive their devices, followed by deliveries in France, Germany, and the UK, and then orders will arrive in Canada, the US, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands.

In the United States, pre-order customers living on the east coast should begin receiving their shipments starting at 8:00 a.m. local time from couriers like FedEx and UPS in approximately 18 hours. Orders set to arrive on March 31 have already shipped from Apple using Next Day shipping.

Big box retailers like Walmart, Target, and Best Buy will begin in-store sales of the iPhone SE and 9.7-inch iPad Pro starting on the morning of March 31, as well carriers like AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon.

In the United States, the iPhone SE is priced at $399 for 16GB and $499 for 64GB. Orders placed today from Apple's online store will be delivered starting on April 13.

Pricing on the 9.7-inch iPad Pro starts at $599 for a 32GB Wi-Fi only model and goes up to $1,029 for a 256GB Wi-Fi + Cellular model. Orders placed today from the online store will be delivered starting next week.

Article Link: First iPhone SE and 9.7" iPad Pro Orders Begin Arriving to Customers

Reactions: appledefenceforce

adiddas125

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2006
Great news. Does anyone know if these iPads will be available in Apple Stores tomorrow (31st) or is it only shipping out on this date via online ordering?

I think this will be a nice addition to my 2009 Core 2 Duo Macbook Pro 13" (mainly to take over its duties at home)

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
Great news. Does anyone know if these iPads will be available in Apple Stores tomorrow (31st) or is it only shipping out on this date via online ordering?

I think this will be a nice addition to my 2009 Core 2 Duo Macbook Pro 13" (mainly to take over its duties at home)

Will be available for sure for pick up tomorrow , I'm going based on history here.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I wonder if these devices will be affected by the recent iOS bug.

If so, that's not a good out of the box experience.
They might be susceptible to it given that they likely won't have an iOS update that addresses the underlying issue, but there's probably a decent chance that they won't be affected by it unless they end up running across something that actually triggers it (like some app perhaps, although more and more of the few troubled ones have already been updated from the app side of things).

just.in.time

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2010
Arizona, USA

It's crazy how fast 7 years have flown by since the 13-inch MacBook Pro was released, C2D and all.

Can't wait to see how the iPhone SE does in the real world.

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
Somebody post some iPhone speed test/comparisons on YouTube, please. :D

adiddas125

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2006
It's crazy how fast 7 years have flown by since the 13-inch MacBook Pro was released, C2D and all.

Can't wait to see how the iPhone SE does in the real world.

To be honest, it does everything I need it to do. It plays youtube clips fine, does Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Chemdraw, and Endnote.

There are some days that I want to go to campus with out lugging around a chunky beast, and to think this was considered a very svelte machine when it was first released.

I love technology!

seatton

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2013
Seattle, WA
My first time with B&H. I wonder if I should just cancel the order and walk across the street to pick one up tomorrow at the Apple Store. I am trying to convince myself that I can wait for a few days and save a nearly 10% sales tax.

Reactions: stringbeanie

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
Why is it that on apple product release/delivery days I always want to run out and buy one? I have an iPad mini 2 and an iPad 3 (yes the clunker), and even as it is I rarely use iPads. My iPhone 6+ gets all the use.

You don't need one... you don't need one...

The iPad Air 2 is blazing fast and it's priced at $399. You would actually use this because of the split screen multitasking and picture in picture. Treat yourself!

Reactions: bliss1111

pbush25

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
I had a friend that went to the local Wal-Mart today to pick up a newly discounted iPad Air 2, and when he asked the employee working the electronics area, she came back with a whole cart full of iPad boxes. As my friend started to examine them, he realized they were all new iPad Pro's and picked one up for himself a couple of days early. S/O to Wal-mart employees though...

Gudi

Suspended
May 3, 2013
Berlin, Berlin
There are some days that I want to go to campus with out lugging around a chunky beast, and to think this was considered a very svelte machine when it was first released.
Actually it was always chunky, but somehow at that time you expected a computer to have an optical drive inside. What were we thinking? Got to thank these two for inventing advanced format hard drives:

Hard-Drive Advance Wins the Nobel Prize
Findings transformed storage and could pave the way for new devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.