Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Princejb134

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2012
Max is too big to my liking, got the "normal" one, had a 4,4S and 6S before this one, also a 256 GB, think I won't fill it up easily, although, I travel a lot and offline Maps in several different Maps App will take up about a quarter I think.

You know....timezones.;)
oh yea forgot that existed lol

yanbellium

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2015
why are supplies of the Apple Watch going to be limited? Explain please!! Apple didn't note any production limitations.
Because of the process to make the stainless steel models. It's always been limited ever since stainless steel was introduced.

jcshas

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2003
There has already been some and what's the deal with it? The camera sensor is bigger, it's normal for the whole camera system to get slightly bigger too. The phone itself fits but there will be a slight gap around the bump.

Based on the photo's posted online there is a small gap between the camera housing and the case when using an iPhone Xs case on an iPhone X which could mean that when vice versa, using an iPhone X Leather case on an Xs, the camera would be slightly covered.

martinX

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2009
Australia
"There are no Apple Stores in New Zealand, so customers in Australia will be the first to be able to purchase devices from an Apple retail location."
So that's why all the Kiwis are moving to Sydney.

Reactions: furmese

martinX

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2009
Australia
Yet 95% of the iPhones I see in the wild are protected by a case, so I'm not really sure how important the color of any iPhone is since it's almost always hidden.
You take it out of the box, say "That looks awesome. Great colour." Then you stick it in a case. Years later you take it out of the case, look at it and say, "That looks awesome. Great colour." And then you sell it.

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009
It’s honestly like Christmas lmao. Crazy how fast time flies though. I remember every launch (especially iPhone X) like it was yesterday.

And here we are... Again. It’s exciting though.

I remember every launch as well.. I think my favorite launch was the iPhone 4 launch... followed by probably 6s.. the 6s launch was my favorite because I was number 2 in line at the Apple store Florida mall in Orlando.. I think they had around 400-500 people in line atleast that day..

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
I remember every launch as well.. I think my favorite launch was the iPhone 4 launch... followed by probably 6s.. the 6s launch was my favorite because I was number 2 in line at the Apple store Florida mall in Orlando.. I think they had around 400-500 people in line atleast that day..
The worst launch was the 4S. (For Steve). He died a few days, if not the next day, I believe.
EDIT: I just remembered it wasn't the launch but the announcement. Sorry

Candlelight

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
New Zealand
Any lucky New Zealanders or Australians who get an XS, XS Max, or Apple Watch Series 4, please share your thoughts! Going to be putting together a first impressions post with opinions of real customers :)
Walked into our local Noel Leeming and they didn't even have the display out yet! They had a big sign with the new phones up but everything else was behind the counter, and they said they weren't allowed to touch them until the "display people" arrived!

He let me play with an Xs for a bit. I wasn't buying, way too expensive for me, plus had bought an 8 three months ago.

Despite the setbacks, they said they had sold six phones and three watches in the first 45 minutes before I got there.

cwanja

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Texas
You take it out of the box, say "That looks awesome. Great colour." Then you stick it in a case. Years later you take it out of the case, look at it and say, "That looks awesome. Great colour." And then you sell it.
All I put on it is a Rhinoshield bumper. Looks and feels great. The slightest bit thicker to prevent the camera modules from resting on the table when it is put down and the front / back are fully exposed. Loved my silver / white iPhone X, but ready to get back to the space gray Xs.

cwanja

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Texas
Put it this way, I went to a local Best Buy tonight (Thursday) in the US. They had ONE stainless steel on the way and zero aluminum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.