FIRST OFFICIAL iPHONE 4S 1080p Music Video

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Turnback, Oct 19, 2011.

1. The Turnback macrumors newbie

Fortunately received my 2 iPhone 4S's on Friday (after UPS almost failed to deliver them) and I had already planned on shooting a video Sunday Oct. 16th (even paid for the location and had many extras ready to perform). Anyway, after 3 grueling days editing without much rest, the video is done. I have to say that I am COMPLETELY blown away by this little camera. Thanks you Apple!

Here is a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDBHcpHVebo

Thanks and enjoy!

Todd

2. deanfx4u macrumors regular

3. The Turnback thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I have to say the iPhone image held up great under heavy processing (slow motion via Twixtor) and am still amazed what they can put into that phone. Where do we go from there? 4k? :)

4. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

That Kim Kardashian is everywhere these days, isn't she? :p

Cool video and thanks for sharing with us! I'm always fascinated to see what all people can produce with these pocket devices.

5. daftpunkstu macrumors member

6. theperipheral macrumors 6502

no offense but that song, that band...not good for video. just my thought.

7. tigerfan41 macrumors regular

Impressive quality! I can't wait to take my 4S out to a concert and see how it performs.

8. The Turnback thread starter macrumors newbie

No offense taken. Our music is not for everyone :)

9. theperipheral macrumors 6502

not sure if it's for ANYONE.

10. The Turnback thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! No you can go back to listening to Big Time Rush or The Black Eyed Peas. :rolleyes:

11. tigerfan41 macrumors regular

FWIW, OP, I actually liked the sound of the song and I normally don't like that genre of music. Plus, you win brownie points for your mention of BTR and BEP. :D

12. Rhullman macrumors member

13. The Turnback thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I appreciate your comment.

I didn't want to get nasty with the other poster and my intent was to show off the video, not to change peoples taste in music :)

----------

These days you have to 'scream' to be heard. Promise, I won't use them again...

Oh, and 'jesus christ' should be 'Jesus Christ'. ;)

14. cshearer macrumors regular

Don't listen to the great number of imbeciles on here (theperipheral for the sake of example); your video was very well put together. I really like the music, but I agree with another poster, I don't think the video fit the song very well. I could dig the style fitting the video, but a faster more upbeat song would be stellar.

It also takes a great deal of style to make a sitar sound good in almost anything :p. Wonderful job. I have the same exceptional results when I take my 4S out to shoot photos.

15. Jett0516 macrumors 6502a

Jett0516

I have seen other 1080p videos before and its sharp. But the 1080p from the 4S doesn't look like 1080p. Maybe its just me.

16. The Turnback thread starter macrumors newbie

Keep in mind that this video is heavily processed (soft glows, enhanced color, etc.) This wasn't to show the standard footage (which really does look sharp) but to represent the style of the video. We also shot another video with iPhone 4 and I have to say that some of the issues (global shutter and wobbly fast motion) have been greatly reduced in the iPhone 4S.

17. ibuyufo macrumors 6502

I dig the song! Nice job and that's a very impressive camera. I hope it'll get carried over or improved upon with the iphone 5 which I'm waiting for.

18. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Ok I'm betting this is neither the first nor the official video but hey...it's not a bad job considering it was shot with a cell phone. The song isn't bad but the video is not interesting to me at all. Just more of a personal opinion so take little to no offense. The impressive part is that it was done on a cell phone.

19. The Turnback thread starter macrumors newbie

Originally we had hoped for the 'iPhone 5' just because it sounds better :)

But since this was the first version with 1080p we jumped on (and it really is a better phone overall). As far as video upgrades I have heard the sensor is capable of 4k. I look forward to seeing what they do next...

----------

Yeah, 'Official' is really not the right word, but it kinda gets the point across. And again, no offense taken about the song or the video :)

20. tim916 macrumors member

I don't know if it's the first official video, but it's definitely the worst official video. I think that Maroon 5 is a much better band than this. The video is also definitely NOT 1080p. Maybe 720p. Also, I think the dancing girl is ok, but not as hot as my girlfriend.

21. iMattcotv macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Absolutely terrible mix of editing / angles.

These guys already seem too large & droopy as it is.. Adding a blurred, smoggy look just makes it so much worse :/

Choice of emotional & visual message is what id like to call a mixed message - the bad kind.

The sound is chill / ambient but the visual is night coub & steamy hot? Just.. No.

Like I feel sick. Sorry lol

22. DaIfoneboss macrumors regular

23. Dunbar macrumors 6502

Was the video shot by hand with the 4S? If so that is impressive and the low light handling of the 4S is great.

If it was shot with a tripod or image stabilizing apparatus than this is little more than a gimmick. In the real world people shoot video on their phones by hand so that's what matters.

24. davidra macrumors 6502

Jeez. Tough crowd. I liked it a lot. Congrats.

25. The Turnback thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, but I expect that from some people. It's very easy to hide behind a computer and judge others :rolleyes:

----------

No tripods at all. Almost all of this video was shot hand held (very few shots were done with a iphone steadicam but my DP preferred to use hand held (and our 2nd camera was completely hand held).

----------

Somehow I doubt that (your girlfriend that is). And yes, this was 1080p.