Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EmpireITtech

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2012
Sorry, but i don't care if you trying to be sarcastic or funny. But you and your 60+ "ups" are going to be very disappointed. You do know it's from Sony Pictures?

Beating a dead horse, but until you people can understand blu-ray is supreme picture. 4K is next.

And if its not released on Bluray, it's because the movie sucked and went straight to DVD and "rent" on iTunes.

holy wow....I think it was just a joke

EmpireITtech

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2012
There's nothing to deny as that is a ridiculous claim. Consumer choice is what propelled Apple past all their competitors and helped them become a worldwide-recognized superbrand.

I dunno about ALL their competitors...there are actually other tech companies that do substantially well or even better than Apple *gasp*

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
hope the film do justice to the life of steve... wouldn't want it to look awful for the fanboys :apple:

DocStone

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2006
Republic of Texas
'Outfitted in a button-down shirt, jeans, and a goatee--Kutcher's Jobs, who leans against a desk in front of a poster bearing the IBM slogan THINK--bears an eerie resemblance to a vintage photo of an actual Steve Jobs floating around on the Internet.'

Doesn't look like he as a goatee to me. Looks like a beard.

jlgolson

Contributing Editor
Jun 2, 2011
Durango, CO
Sorry, but i don't care if you trying to be sarcastic or funny. But you and your 60+ "ups" are going to be very disappointed. You do know it's from Sony Pictures?
I know you're going to be disappointed to learn that this film is not by Sony. ;-)

It's a completely separate project from the Sony/Sorkin/Isaacson film.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
Should have chosen Noah Wyle. Or anyone except Ashton Kutcher. Will I watch the movie? Probably once just to see how the movie will turn out. And to see who the supporting cast will be.

This feels like the Geroge Lazenby James Bond. AMazing character portrayed in the movie. But the actor just did not and never could do justice to the character they are playing. And Ashton can't give it justice either. Same with 2 and a half men. Ashton is not even 1/1 millionth of the right person for the role that charlie was. Charlie made the role believeable cause to him, drugs, prostitutes, and a wild lifestyle is his normal life. So no acting required (almost) for the show.

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
Either this will be Kutcher's breakthrough role, either he will fail miserably as always.

He's earning a million dollars a week on the second most popular comedy on TV. We should all aspire to such miserable failure in life. Granted, he performances and role choices may not appeal to some people, but he's undeniably a success. And what sort of roles do you expect an impossibly good-looking young man to play, anyway? No one's going to cast him in meaty dramatic roles.

This is a low budget indy movie. Not likely to be any kind of breakthrough for him.

----------

that show didn't go down the tubes because Kutcher is on it. It's because Charlie Sheen is no longer on it.

Except for the fact that the ratings are consistently UP since Sheen left. Granted, the show probably no longer appeals to diehard fans of Charlie Sheen, but I consider that a point in its favour.

----------

Ashton is not even 1/1 millionth of the right person for the role that charlie was. Charlie made the role believeable cause to him, drugs, prostitutes, and a wild lifestyle is his normal life. So no acting required (almost) for the show.

Um, you do realize he's not playing the same character, right? He's playing someone completely different from Charlie.

----------

I think Lindsay Lohan as Elizabeth Taylor might have that honor.

Technically that would be the worst casting decision in the history of TV, so there's no competition. ;)

EmpireITtech

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2012
that show didn't go down the tubes because Kutcher is on it. It's because Charlie Sheen is no longer on it.

semi-agree, I thought the show was down the tubes the whole time, but yes, the no Tigers-Blood Sheen doesn't help

Smith288

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2008
Why are people slamming Kutcher as someone who cant act? Even in his goofy roles as a brain dead pot head, he played it pretty well.

His role he's in now is basically Kutcher in real life. So no "acting" per say.

I'm pretty sure he's graduated to being mature enough to make an effort of acting like a short fused hothead with a zeal for good marketing.

Stately

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2008
NYC
Ashton . . you better study that man, like it's the greatest performance, you will ever give, because it should be. Make SJ fans everywhere proud!

Smith288

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2008
semi-agree, I thought the show was down the tubes the whole time, but yes, the no Tigers-Blood Sheen doesn't help

The Jon Cryer character is what makes that show suck more. I like it with Kutcher on it. Tiger-blood's ridiculousness made the show funny and now Kutcher's billionaire common man tones the show down a little more to my liking. But the show wont last as it stands.

Angust Jones will be leaving the show as his beliefs conflict with basis of the show (which I respect). So when you take the 1/2 out of the show, then what? Focus on the fat cleaning lady?

Mactendo

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2012
He's earning a million dollars a week on the second most popular comedy on TV. We should all aspire to such miserable failure in life. Granted, he performances and role choices may not appeal to some people, but he's undeniably a success.
Money success - definitely yes. Acting - no.

And what sort of roles do you expect an impossibly good-looking young man to play, anyway? No one's going to cast him in meaty dramatic roles.
Oh really [x 2]
No one casts young actors in dramatic roles. Especially so "impossibly good looking" ones. :D

w00master

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2002
Not a huge fan of Kutcher myself, but that said many of these responses on this thread remind me when Heath Ledger was first announced as the Joker.

The fan community went ape-*****. Seriously.

Guess how it turned out? Ledger's performance now is recognized as one of the best portrayals of the Joker ever. Imho, *the* defining portrayal.

All in all, people should seriously give this a chance. If you don't want to, fine don't, but all of this bad-talking about SOMEONE YOU DON'T KNOW PERSONALLY? This all seems crazy to me.

w00master

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque

Beating a dead horse, but until you people can understand blu-ray is supreme picture. 4K is next.

And if its not released on Bluray, it's because the movie sucked and went straight to DVD and "rent" on iTunes.

That was just a joke referencing the lack of a Blu-Ray player in the new iMac.

Is there an anti-humor clause in the MacRumors TOS that I failed to read when I signed up?

UnfetteredMind

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2012
Reading the comments regarding Kutcher's casting made me think that I had somehow gone back in time and was reading comments regarding the casting of Heath Ledger as The Joker in The Dark Knight.

Lets wait for a few scenes to be released before we condemn his performance.

I agree. When Robert Downey Jr was cast to be Iron Man, I thought, "Oh no." But he has been pretty awesome in that role. We'll see how Ashton does.

cyberddot

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2003
in a forest
do you really have to write [sic]? We get it. This isn't a high school essay.

Consider why it was used, realize it was a good choice for a frequently referenced website to avoid some of the more obvious spelling comments, and then you don't have to take time out of your day to type at all.

Kutcher does look the part, and I'm pretty sure he can pull of a Steve Jobs impersonation, but is this really a movie people want to see?

uknowimright

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2011

more disappointed in your lack of humor and bad info
it's not a Sony Pictures film (that's Aaron Sorkin's adaptation of Walter Issacson's book)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jobs_(film)

of course it will come out on Blu-Ray, it's not like the Steve Jobs bio only came out on iBooks

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
If its released on blu-ray, steve jobs will be rolling over in his grave.

He'll also be rolling over in his grave if consumers are given more than one option as well. Dude was a psychotic anti-choice freak.

He never said Blu-ray was useless for home TV viewing, he just didn't want to implement it on Macs and of course he would rather you buy iTunes downloads through Apple TV. For all you know Steve may have had a Blu-Ray player attached to every flat screen in his house as Bill Gates may have an iPad or Mac in his house. These big wig's professional life on the surface doesn't necessarily equate to their personal lives. :p

EDIT: Oh wait, just recognized the username I replied to. Shouldn't have bothered....:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.