First screen issue around the notch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dontworry, Oct 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. dontworry Suspended

dontworry

Take a look at this review at the 1:48 mark. There is a screen anomaly at the notch, almost looks like a defect since it should be white.
    What the hell is that?

notch anomaly.JPG

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

A defect of some sort with the OLED display, its difficult to say exactly. But 'Don't worry', that's what returns and warranties are for.

3. Jjayf macrumors 6502

OMG.. They can't even get the fugly notch correct! Uhggg.. How fast can I cancel my order..

4. dontworry thread starter Suspended

dontworry

I'm not worried, if mine is bad I'll return it. I just calls them as I sees them.

5. lirn8 macrumors 6502

lirn8

Maybe those are press review units and they are not 100%
    And there is a possibility that hard reset fix this

6. Aibocyrus macrumors 6502a

Aibocyrus

I noticed that too. Believe me I will be exchanging mine at Apple if that’s an issue I have.

7. AppleZombie macrumors 6502a

This phone is awesome, if you can get past the notch and the fact that until Apple ditches the old school iPhones, developers will continue to optimize apps for the more popular phone.

8. ariehendrikse macrumors newbie

ariehendrikse

My sceen has had issues around the notch area and up and down the display. Not happy

Attached Files:

9. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

https://streamable.com/gvcoy

My response to you
    --- Post Merged, Nov 4, 2017 ---
    So did you call to get your phone replaced instead of posting here ?

10. nextgeneric macrumors member

I think he’s well within his rights to post about it here. Doesn’t mean he’s not also going through the process of getting it replaced.

If you want to bury your head in the sand, by all means go for it. I, like many others, am interested in hearing about defects.

11. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

There a defects when 20 million phones are mass manufacured, lines, led issues. Is it thread worthy over one defected phone? No so overreacting is not going to solve a solution to something which is not yet a problem

12. ariehendrikse macrumors newbie

ariehendrikse

I did call to get it replaced on 6 different tried between the carrier telling me it’s apples problem and Apple telling me it’s the carriers problem I gave up

13. Gryzor macrumors 6502a

Such is the reason why I separate my phone and carrier. I buy a cheap sim-free contract on my carrier of choice, and then buy the phone outright and direct. Thus, if there's an issue, it's Apple's problem. Besides, it's also way cheaper doing it that way.

14. ariehendrikse macrumors newbie

ariehendrikse

Not cheaper here in Australia, my carrrier has a plan with enough data to pool between my family but only for the X so getting a phone on a plan works out to make the phone worth about $40 a month for 24 months (AUD$960) after you take off the $20 minimum for a phone plan and the $79 that would otherwise be spent on a data sim to pool

15. DDustiNN macrumors 68000

DDustiNN

He didn’t even make the thread... calm down.