First Wave of Apple Watches Begin Shipping Ahead of Friday's Launch

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Apr 20, 2015.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple Watch pre-orders are being sent to centralized distribution points across the United States as couriers prepare the shipments to be delivered ahead of the wrist-worn device's launch on April 24, according to a source for MacRumors that has provided accurate information in the past.

Apple retail chief Angela Ahrendts confirmed earlier this month that Apple Watch pre-order deliveries will begin on April 24 as scheduled, although many customers have received shipping estimates of 4-6 weeks or later and it remains unknown how many Apple Watch pre-orders will be delivered on day one.

[​IMG]
    iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus pre-orders began switching from "Processing Items" to "Preparing for Shipment" on the Apple Online Store for several customers on the Monday prior to Friday delivery, so customers that pre-ordered the Apple Watch early should see their order status change soon. Due to limited stock and the wide 4/24--5/8 delivery estimate for launch day pre-orders, however, there is a possibility that pre-order statuses may take longer to change.

To date, we've not seen any reports of pre-orders changing or credit cards being charged, but our source assures us bulk shipments have begun, so we should see movement on individual order statuses very soon. In the meantime, Apple has begun charging credit cards and preparing to ship Apple Watch accessories such as the charging cable and AppleCare+ Protection Plans.

Apple Watch pre-orders were available on April 10 at 12:01 AM Pacific through the Apple Online Store in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan and United Kingdom, and sold out completely in less than six hours. The company also began taking Apple Watch try-on appointments the same day at Apple retail stores and select fashion boutiques such as Selfridges in London, Isetan in Tokyo and Galeries Lafayette in Paris.

Update: In line with this report, Apple is beginning to charge credit cards and Apple Watch pre-order statuses are changing to "Prepare for Shipment."

Article Link: First Wave of Apple Watches Begin Shipping Ahead of Friday's Launch

2. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

3. HighNoon macrumors member

Good news, can't wait to see my status change to "Shipped"

4. gcooldude86 macrumors 6502

5. jacobh101 macrumors regular

6. compg318, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015

compg318 macrumors regular

Great! Now I won't be able to stop myself from checking my order status all day :p

7. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

Haven't seen anything to think this is true, but hope so. If they are in the US, we might not see updates for a couple of days.

8. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Very excited to see my status change to shipped. Get that money Apple! :D

9. Ultimacn macrumors member

Is it just me?

or is there nothing at all to this story? Clickbait deluxe!

Title says shipping but article says no reports! Come on at least have some substance to the article please.

10. Blizzardman macrumors regular

Blizzardman

The title of the article seems misleading.... They state that the orders have started shipping, but mention they haven't had any reports of statuses changing and are instead using the iPhone 6 launch as the only proof the watches started shipping today...

11. penajmz macrumors 68040

penajmz

I preordered right at 3:00 AM Eastern, right when they became available yet my deliver date is May 13 - May 27.

###

12. JKarnsy macrumors member

I can't wait to see the first 'shipped' e-mail show up on the front of MacRumors. As soon as I get mine I'll send it in.

13. MJedi macrumors 6502a

MJedi

Cue GIF of Ron Paul...

Hopefully, we 4-6 week people will also see some movement in our orders.

14. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

I'm still waiting to see the first Preparing to Ship, that hasn't been a fake.

15. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

16. scwinsett macrumors 6502a

scwinsett

17. iapplelove macrumors 601

iapplelove

18. smr macrumors 6502a

I guess the same is happening in the UK i.e. the UK orders will NOT dispatch (and be trackable) from China but will dispatch from a UK distribution centre.

If it is anything like the iPhone 4s, we will see the UK orders change to "Preparing for dispatch" on Wednesday and then "Dispatch" on Thursday for delivery on Friday.

19. nathanalf macrumors regular

nathanalf

Bleh. Saw the headline and immediately went to check my order. Disappointment followed.

This has been a LONG 2 weeks #...

20. usersince86 macrumors 6502

usersince86

Can't wait to get mine!

Of course, I'll need to order/buy one first... :D

21. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

"according to a source for MacRumors that has provided accurate information in the past."

Probably one of the 50 trolls that have thrown up their first post in the Apple Watch forum. It's become a nightmare in there the past week, and it's only gotten worse.

22. thekeyring macrumors 68040

I spoke to someone at my local store who said he was surprised by how popular the watch had been. Then he asked me if I wanted to try on a watch, saying there was a spot free 'in 5 minutes'. I don't know if that's efficiency or shows not many people are trying them on yet. It was last Saturday and the store (and watch area) was crowded.

23. Azzin macrumors 601

Azzin

I was thinking the same thing.

From the article:

24. Docsta80 macrumors newbie

I ordered mine right at 3:02am EST. I am in the 4/24-5/8 window. No update yet. Still processing