Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdblas69

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2012
The quick text replies is Android only so looks like Fitbit s clearly targeting the Android base with this feature.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I've had a fitbit HR Charge 2 - a $160 fitbit in the past and without GPS it just isn't even going to tempt me now that I have the AW 3 - completely ignore its inability to get a hr reading from my wrist, going through bands like they were toilet paper, and the glass cracking on its own.

Competition is good but now that I have the AW it would take a lot to get me to ever switch. The Ionic looked interesting and I had a coworker who sang its praises. But like a lot of other "smart watches" they stop getting used after awhile - while every AW user I know loves their watch. (I know there are exceptions to the rule). But go competition!

raqball

macrumors 68020
Sep 11, 2016
[/QUOTE]
Definite Apple Watch Series 1/2 competitor. Has some water proofness, no GPS, notifications, ability to write quick texts. $199. Hope this brings down the AW prices:

http://time.com/5196434/fitbit-versa-smartwatch-release-date/

I've had a fitbit HR Charge 2 - a $160 fitbit in the past and without GPS it just isn't even going to tempt me now that I have the AW 3 - completely ignore its inability to get a hr reading from my wrist, going through bands like they were toilet paper, and the glass cracking on its own.

Competition is good but now that I have the AW it would take a lot to get me to ever switch. The Ionic looked interesting and I had a coworker who sang its praises. But like a lot of other "smart watches" they stop getting used after awhile - while every AW user I know loves their watch. (I know there are exceptions to the rule). But go competition!

Apple won't drop the AW price based on this as to me it's not even a competitor.

If you want t make payments the the Fitbit is $230 and lacks GPS. The lack of GPS is an instant pass for most who use the watch to track fitness. Sure if all you care about is notifications, stand reminders and step tracking the Fitbit might be great but I would not it even consider if it was $99...

Reactions: BigMcGuire
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.