Five days to decide . . .

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by profmatt, May 3, 2015.

1. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

Shocking and surprising as this is, I'm thinking about returning my 42mm SS WSB.

I just don't love it. And it was £519.

Anyone want to persuade me one way or another . . . ?

2. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Sell it. Even if you don't sell it to make a profit, someone else can at least enjoy the watch. If it goes back to Apple, it'll just hit the refurb/service replacement pile.

3. seamor0512 macrumors member

would you like one of us to make you a pb&j as well?

4. profmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

profmatt

Would you be willing to cut the crusts off?

5. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

so what is the problem? just return it back, you can always get another if you change your mind... it is not the only watch on the earth...

6. SarZ macrumors regular

SarZ

What do you not like about the watch ?

7. profmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

profmatt

That's quite a good argument, actually.

----------

Oh, and I've already found its replacement :D

8. KPOM macrumors G5

And what would that be?

9. profmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

profmatt

People keep asking me, "hey, how are you liking your new Apple Watch?" and I should be saying "it's amazing, I love it!" But I'm not. I'm saying, "Yeah, it's OK."

It's a lot of money to spend on something that's just OK.

I was disappointed the moment I opened the box. It's really small.

----------

A vastly more expensive but incredibly beautiful Tag. It contradicts my claims about being obsessed with ultra-accuracy, but I guess you can't have everything you want.

10. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I'm unsure why you even bothered to start this thread vs. running to the store to get your money back. Clearly you have buyer's remorse. Nothing wrong with that. Everything can't be for everyone one.

11. profmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

profmatt

Not buyer's remorse, exactly. I bought it sight-unseen. I thought I'd really love it. I don't.

But I'm useless at making decisions. I thought someone might come up with a killer argument for keeping it. Or, as someone has done, a pretty killer argument for sending it back, because I can always change my mind and buy another one.

12. KPOM macrumors G5

I guess I'm OK with my watch being OK. $650 isn't that much for a watch (I have the stainless steel with classic band). It's a lot less than the Tag. I wasn't expecting it to completely change my life, but am pleased with it for what it is. It adds a little convenience.

13. profmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

profmatt

The Tag is about six times more expensive. That's a lot. But it's really beautiful and -- in theory? -- will last me a lifetime.

14. FourOhFour macrumors member

That's the best part!

Ok, maybe not best, but if your bread can be improved by removing the crusts, you're using the wrong bread.

As for the watch... yeah, if you don't like it, sell it or return it. Maybe you'll be back for the next one.

15. SarZ macrumors regular

SarZ

A lot of people think the watch is just OK at the moment
    It does have a lot of potential in the near future

16. MLVC macrumors 6502

I'll take it, it's the exact same watch that I would order if Apple would let me order in the Netherlands ;).

17. Subdiv macrumors 6502

Try not wearing it for a couple of days, and see if you miss it. If you do, keep it.

18. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

To me, when I got into this game - I really wanted the iPhone equivalent to the android wear items on the market. I liked the idea of distributed processng i.e. shifting some load off the phone and onto a wearable and vice/versa, not having to pull out my phone, some health tracking of some kind (I had a feeling Apple was going to both Android Wear and Fitbit at once)...

but now here we are all those months and emotions later, and now I find myself going BACK into watch boutiques I haven't visited in years...

looking up watch information and even considering purchasing another mid-to high end mechanical watch just because I forgot how beautiful and fun they are...

Here we are, actually comparing our apple wearable purchases to other wearables such as mechanical watches. If that isn't :apple: product and marketing I don't know what is...

19. Zxxv macrumors 68040

Interesting topic. Im one who said I can't see why i would want an apple watch (I exercise already and use my brain for feedback) but reading all the posts and looking at the videos on youtube I kinda want one now for the other things it does. A sport model is only £299. Maybe you'd feel happier with one of those? maybe its the price thats irritating you?
    :)

20. AT101ET macrumors 6502

You should do what your heart tells you and not what others here do.
    I don't think you need to be convinced to keep it. If it doesn't do it for you, that should be enough of a reason to give it back.

Alternatively, you can send it to me and make my day. (I'll even pay for postage in the UK ;))

21. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

I think this is really good advice

22. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

See that's not really an answer to the question.

What is it not doing that you expected it to? What would you like it to do better? What specifically do you not like about it other than it is apparently really small?

23. profmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

profmatt

I guess I wanted two perhaps contradictory things. I wanted an Apple Watch, but I also wanted to buy myself something special. A Sport is definitely not special, it's just an Apple Watch made of aluminium. But I'm not sure the SS is special, either. It's not jewellery and I think that's what I wanted.

I feel bad for my watch now. With all you posting to this thread, the watch is pinging its little heart out sending me notifications as if to say "Look how useful I am! Please keep me!"

24. KPOM macrumors G5

The stainless steel watch feels like a "regular" watch to me. With the classic band or the Milanese Loop it is as much "jewelry" as any other watch for the same price.

25. rsxmachine macrumors 6502

Completely agree. I returned SS and now ordered sport. I really like it but I don't absolutely love it like iPhone and I know better ones will be coming out. It's not a phone replacement it's just an accessory.