Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is making a strong push to open more retail stores as it heads into the final weekend of its fiscal year and makes preparations for the launch of the iPhone 5. In addition to the high-profile openings scheduled for Hong Kong and Shanghai that were disclosed earlier this week, Apple is opening five other new retail stores this weekend.

- New Haven (New Haven, Connecticut): Revealed earlier this year, the store is an interesting partnership between and Apple and a major university, as the building where the store is located is owned by Yale University and houses Yale's bookstore. The space taken by Apple had formerly been occupied by Barnes & Noble. The new store is Apple's fifth in Connecticut.

- Hornsby (Sydney, Australia area): Located to the northwest of Sydney itself, the new Hornsby store will be the sixth in the Sydney area and the 13th in Australia. The store is located within Westfield Hornsby, a major shopping center with over 300 retailers.

apple_store_metrotown_burnaby.jpg

Final facade work at Metrotown store in Burnaby, Canada (Thanks, Glenn)
- Metrotown (Vancouver, Canada area): The new Metrotown store in Burnaby, to the east of Vancouver, is Apple's fourth in the Vancouver area and 22nd in Canada. The store is part of the Metropolis at Metropolitan, a 450-store shopping center that ranks as the second largest in Canada.

- Parly 2 (Paris, France): Located in Le Chesnay, a western suburb of Paris just to the north of Versailles, the new Parly 2 store is Apple's fifth in the Paris area and ninth in France.

- Centro Sicilia (Catania, Italy): Apple's first store on the island of Sicily, the new store is located in Catania, Sicily's second-largest city. The store is Apple's ninth in Italy.

Article Link: Five More Retail Store Openings: Connecticut, Sydney, Vancouver, Paris, Sicily

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
I sure hope they're manufacturing enough next-generation iPhones to stock all of these stores.

Last edited:

MortusMox

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2008
Parly 2

Parly 2 isn't in Paris actually... it's much close to Versailles which is 45km away from Paris. Apple is taking their store to what is considered a "suburb" of Paris and Parly 2 is a relatively large mall (by French standards).

zach

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2003
Medford
I have a buddy who is working in the Conn. store. He said everyone's working 2 - 12s in order to have in complete by Saturday.

judging from what the store looked like from the outside a week ago, i'm amazed even that will get it done.

jouster

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2002
Connecticut
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_10 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E600 Safari/6533.18.5)

Was wondering the same thing ;-)

zach

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2003
Medford
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_10 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E600 Safari/6533.18.5)

Was wondering the same thing ;-)

am i gonna see ya there jouster??

Brynleymcdonald

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Here's an idea. Rather than opening more and more Apple stores in the same places, think about us kiwis in New Zealand and give us our own Apple Store. I really hate having to rely on 3rd party resellers, plus, it'd be neat to have an Apple store for the first time here. Wellington would be nice too :)

jouster

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2002
Connecticut

Yeah, I'm going but I have a work thing now in Cheshire through noon or so. I'll probably miss any swag because of it. :-(

Vanessa17

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2011
Does Apple still do special things for store openings? T-shirts, etc?

They are giving away 1000 Commemorative t-shirts at the opening of the new store in Sydney (Hornsby) according to the email I got from Apple :)

igazza

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
earth
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Here's an idea. Rather than opening more and more Apple stores in the same places, think about us kiwis in New Zealand and give us our own Apple Store. I really hate having to rely on 3rd party resellers, plus, it'd be neat to have an Apple store for the first time here. Wellington would be nice too :)

With 13 in Australia you cant be far away, but most likely Auckland. :p

Vanessa17

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2011
Did you subscribe to a new store notification mailing list or something? If so, I'd like to get on one.

I haven't signed up to anything with Apple; they have my email address from my iTunes registration I am assuming? I don't live near the opening Sydney store either so I was a little surprised to receive it too!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.