Five New Games Added to Apple Arcade, Including 'The Mosaic'

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple Arcade received another weekly refresh today with five new games across iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and Mac. The service now has 94 games available on iOS and tvOS, as well as 87 titles on the Mac.

The latest titles:The Mosaic by Raw Fury: "Mosaic is a dark surrealistic ad atmospheric adventure game about urban isolation and the dread of being a piece in a giant machinery you can't understand."
Super Mega Mini Party by Red Games Co.: "Compete with players from around the world in hyper casual competitive mini-games or throw a Super Mega Mini Party with friends!"
Star Fetched by Crescent Moon Games: "Star Fetched is a sci-fi platformer about a young space-adventurer who is mysteriously teleported to a far-away solar system to help defend against an incoming alien invasion. It combines side-scrolling action with elements of tower-defence, exploration & RPG."
Monomals by Picomy: "There's a big music contest going on amongst the world's best animal DJs! Armed with a big fishing rod and a plug, go fishing in deep waters to help the DJs catch all of the Monomals™, and create your very own music in the MonoMaker™!"
Jumper Jon by Esteban Duran: "Jumper Jon is a 30 seconds metroidvania style platforming adventure where Jon, our hero, will die and respawn every 30 seconds keeping items and abilities already obtained."Apple Arcade is Apple's new subscription-based gaming service, providing iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and Mac users with access to dozens of premium games for $4.99 per month, with no in-app purchases or ads. The service launched in late September in over 150 countries, with a one-month free trial available.

Article Link: Five New Games Added to Apple Arcade, Including 'The Mosaic'

ikir

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2007
Too little time, I’ve downloaded so many games on Apple Arcade, there are great titles! I will try for sure the party game!

Khedron

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2013
Too late. Just like News+ Apple botched the launch and won't recover.

Duane Martin

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Wish I had time to play games, too many other things to do in life
Lol, glad to see you still have time to post meaningful comments on MR, though. Come on, you had to see that coming. Oh wait, someone even beat me to it!

Apple is playing the long game with their subscription services. Get them out into the public and build an the content. It is not about how many subscribers they grab today but how many they have 2 years from now. Will this work? Time will tell but anyone counting Apple out-for-the-count this early has not been paying attention to how Apple makes things work historically. They have had failures but far, far more successes. My money is literally on APPL.

fmcshan

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2019
USA
It's neat how Apple has been adding more and more games to Apple Arcade. I like this subscription model: unlimited access to 94 games for $4.99/month. Not bad if you ask me....

BornAgainMac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
These games are screaming at me to learn Swift. I think it would be fun to go thru all the games and make a note of what made the game fun or what made it terrible. Get in on the game development action.

Reactions: coolfactor

TacoChowder

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2019
It's neat how Apple has been adding more and more games to Apple Arcade. I like this subscription model: unlimited access to 94 games for $4.99/month. Not bad if you ask me....
When you view it by the numbers, that's great. But 94 games doesn't mean you're going to be interested in them. A good chunk of these are the equivalent of flash games, simplistic movement, storylines, and gameplay. Another chunk of these are just stories dressed up as games by adding minimal interactivity. Both of these I've got zero interest in, I've got a console if I want a story driven experience and that's WAY better indie games out there than some of these games.
There's a small handful of these games that I like, and enjoy, a ton. I'd happily pay $5-10 for Mini Motorways, it hits an itch. Skate City is a good time killer. What the Golf is the best example of a "great indie game" but it also wasn't made for the apple arcade. I'd rather just pay full price and, like, have my game. It gives more incentive for the producers to keep it updated, since they still have to sell it a year down the line.

94 is just a big number, it denotes nothing of value or substance. You can get into 0 accidents and still be a bad driver.

gnipgnop

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2009
Man... I'm totally down for Apple Arcade, but only if I can get a refreshed Apple TV. I don't want to buy two year old hardware. I'd be all over this if I could get newer hardware to plug into my TV.
If Apple launches A13X iPad Pros in March 2020, then it might make sense for an A12X version of the ATV to show up around that time as well.

coolfactor

macrumors 601
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
You've learned nothing about Apple. They play the long game, and they eventually come out on top every time (in profits).

I see Apple Arcade being a launching ground for game companies. They get a few good games into the hands players, receive a steady cash inflow from Apple from subscription fees, and can then grow into a bigger company, launching other games outside of Arcade.

I've tried two games so far... Frogger and Lifelike. That latter game is less of a game and more of a mental relaxation/challenge experience. I never would have discovered/chosen/purchased/downloaded such an app without the safety of an all-in subscription plan that Arcade offers.

What's cool is that you download a game on one device and it's automatically available on your other devices with no extra effort. Beat that, Android!
- - Post merged: - -

Yup, they are probably losing money (or the game devs are) during this initial rollout, but eventually it should balance out as Arcade revenues increase over time. Really can't complain about the offering. Even single games demand twice that amount just to remove ads for one month. Apple Arcade is cheap!

Last edited:
Reactions: ackmondual

Jimmy James

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
I want a racing simulation game with online multiplayer. That’s it.

Real Racing would be ideal if they changed the horrific economics. EA.

Reactions: ErikGrim

DaRev

macrumors member
May 16, 2018
Parts Unknown
A New Apple TV would probably be enough to convince me to give Apple Arcade a shot, I have An AppleTV3 & 4, and am looking to replace the AppleTV3, but will not do so with a 2 years old unit.

Reactions: gplusplus

Khedron

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2013
What's cool is that you download a game on one device and it's automatically available on your other devices with no extra effort.
Which means every game has to be designed to accommodate the lowest common denominator in hardware.

Even single games demand twice that amount just to remove ads for one month. Apple Arcade is cheap!
If you want to compare it to other terrible services to make it look good that's fine.

Apple Arcade comes nowhere near the value of Nintendo Online if you like retro style games, and nowhere near the value of Xbox Game Pass if you want modern games.

mdnz

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2010
The Netherlands
These games are screaming at me to learn Swift. I think it would be fun to go thru all the games and make a note of what made the game fun or what made it terrible. Get in on the game development action.
You'd be better off learning C# or C++ if you want to enter game development.

triton100

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2010
Man looks like Apple are sucking me even further into their subscription eco system. I told myself there was no way I would keep this subscription but I’ve found a few games rhat have hooked me and if they keep coming out with more titles I’m done for.