Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
People who spend more time in judgemnet over others rather than looking in a mirror. None of us are perfect and I accept you as you are.
"I'm starting with the man in the mirror,
I'm asking him to change his ways
tum tum te-tum tum-ti-tum tum-ti-tum-tum
If you wannamaketheworld a better place
Takealookatyourself and make that chay-ange"

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
People who spend more time in judgemnet over others rather than looking in a mirror. None of us are perfect and I accept you as you are.

That's very enlightened but we'll see how turned on you are when a 500lb stinking hairy orangutan look-a-like wants to jump your bones. Everyone has a turn-off/turn-on policy, no matter how much it's denied. Such as, this thread preferred 5 tun-offs. :p

MultiM

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2006
TO. I've moved!
That's very enlightened but we'll see how turned on you are when a 500lb stinking hairy orangutan look-a-like wants to jump your bones. Everyone has a turn-off/turn-on policy, no matter how much it's denied. Such as, this thread preferred 5 tun-offs. :p

Leave my wife out of this.....:D

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
"I'm starting with the man in the mirror,
I'm asking him to change his ways
tum tum te-tum tum-ti-tum tum-ti-tum-tum
If you wannamaketheworld a better place
Takealookatyourself and make that chay-ange"

Nananananananaaaa

Wooo...

droppedImage_3.png

Pac a Mac

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2007
England
1. People who rank their turn-offs
2. People who rank their turn-offs
3. People who rank their turn-offs
4. People who rank their turn-offs
5. People who rank their turn-offs

**** thats me.:p

You guys who have listed must have pretty close associations with the people that have these nuances. H ate does not develop with passing, mmmm....what does that say

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England

**** thats me.:p

You guys who have listed must have pretty close associations with the people that have these nuances. H ate does not develop with passing, mmmm....what does that say
How close do you need? Personally I don't need a "close" rendezvous with the big, hairy, smelly oaf standing arms raised on the train to know that I'm so uninterested that I find the word turn-off not nearly strong enough to describe the experience... it's just close enough.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
1) Pubic Hair (shaven poon is ideal, but a groomed vertical hitler stash is ok)
2) Girls that don't wash their butt hole (no chunks please)
3) Genital Warts (condylomata acuminata)
4) Girls with bad gas.
5) Girls that use PCs (or don't like macs). It reflects a character flaw, imho.
^ I laughed :eek: :D

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
1) Having preferences which seem random or arbitrary.
2) Being stuck in their ways with regard to random or arbitrary things.
3) Showing a general unwillingness to accept people who either express different preferences to themselves OR who possess those attributes which they do not like.
4) Fat people.

:p :p :p

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois

Ditto- this is one of the nastiest, most mean-spirited threads I've seen in quite some time. Especially when it comes to people being turned off by inherent traits, such as red hair. How utterly ridiculous. The world is a diverse, colorful place- I suggest some of you go out and enjoy it.

MarkCollette

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2003
Toronto, Canada
something like this ?

Hey, I saw that guy at the gym yesterday :p

Ditto- this is one of the nastiest, most mean-spirited threads I've seen in quite some time. Especially when it comes to people being turned off by inherent traits, such as red hair. How utterly ridiculous. The world is a diverse, colorful place- I suggest some of you go out and enjoy it.

It can be a fine line, acknowledging our prejudices, and being hurtful. Context and presentation are important. I mean, there are certain things that we arbitrarily key in on with others, attraction-wise. And I can see how some people might be curious about other people's turn-ons and turn-offs, and want to communicate them. But, it's fairly likely to be at least slightly hurtfull to people who match those criteria. Part of the problem may be that these lists mix together perceived character and physical flaws, along with matters of preference and taste. That could make people feel like these tastes are a judgement on them. Case in point, with that red hair example, I like dark red hair, but not the orange-red hair. That's a statement about myself, not about anyone with those colors of hair. Although, I'm not sure if that's what others feel.

Anyways, on with the list. Except mine isn't in any order:
  • A fitness level too different than mine
  • No direction in life
  • Not having the specific facial structure that I like
  • Not knowing about the world, current events, etc.

After G

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2003
California
Similarly to leekohler I don't like when a turn-off mentioned is an inborn trait, especially "fat/skinny people" without any qualifier such as "does not make an effort to better themselves". Can't really do anything about genetic factors you know.

That said, here's an unordered, incomplete list.

- Excessiveness. "Too much ...".
- Narrow-mindedness.
- Drinkers/smokers without consideration for others.
- Gossips and people who don't know how to keep their mouth shut.
- Strong odors good or bad. (leeway if they're losing weight. Ketones stink.)

JBazz

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2006
1. Poor hygeine.

2. Lack of confidence. If you dont believe in yourself, why should I?

3. Racist, sexist, elitist belief systems.

4. Substance abuse whether it be drugs, alcohol, or food.

5. Republicanism.

SpookTheHamster

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
London
I'm more swayed by personality traits than physical appearances. Smoking and drug use are things that I find extremely unattractive. I like people to be at least slightly intelligent as well, and to take pride in themselves: You're going to find it hard to find someone who thinks you're attractive, if even you don't believe you are.

Physical traits can be so easily forgotten when you meet somebody with a good personality. I'd always been a brown hair person until I met my girlfriend. http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=66486&d=1169208687

It's stupid to rule someone out based on something as small as the colour of their hair. At least talk to them, and feel free to rule them out if they turn out to be a complete idiot.

panoz7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC

I think there's a difference between ruling someone out as a friend because of a character / physical trait and being attracted to them... in fact many of my closest friends have a characteristic that I listed as a turn off. They're still my best friends; people who I'd do anything for, but that's different then being physically / emotionally attracted to them.

For example, on my list I had overly religious people. This certainly applies to some of my friends... being around them has shown me that there's no way I could live with someone like that for the rest of my life.

The physical things are a little different. I can see how it might potentially be hurtful, but these are a list of things that we aren't attracted to. Just because I'm not attracted to you doesn't mean you should be hurt. I'm certainly thinner and smaller then average... a number of people on this thread have listed thinness as a turnoff but that really doesn't bother me.

Sirus The Virus

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2005
Texas
1. Bad Hygene
2. No sense of humor
3. Ignorance
4. Obesity
5. People who have no taste
6. Loud people
7. People who don't call back
8. Multiple piercings (ears are ok, but there's always exceptions)

darkwing

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
What a fun thread!

In girls:

1) Overweight (I admitted my shallowness in this nature to my very skinny girlfriend, despite me being a bit fatso! :p) (this is trumped if she gains weight while giving me children someday (see #5))
2) Liberal politics
3) Doesn't plan for the future. By this I mean, a girl who wants a man to take care of her. While that's ok to some extent, she should educate herself and remain marketable to the work-force in case said provider should die or something.
#4) Not a Christian!
#5) Not open to having a family someday.

SpookTheHamster

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
London

Why not?

I'd rather somebody with an open mind, who will look into anything, rather than somebody who devotes themself to a single train of thought. Whatever their choice, they should at least have a reason. I'm not religious at all, but I find it all quite fascinating, so I read about different religions quite a lot.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
In Girls
1. Party Lover (I do not particularly enjoy being drug to parties, bars, clubs or most any social gathering involving mass intoxication, sweat, filth and noise)
2. Dog Lover (Dogs are okay providing they don't shed, jump, nuzzle, lick, bite, whine, scratch at door, bark, beg, make business in house, and are bathed often)
3. Politically Obsessive (I could care less, usually the angriest people I know always listen to political radio shows and constantly watch the News, I use to be one and thankfully broke that bad habit years ago.)
4. Body Hair (Anything other than eyebrows, eyelashes and the hair on top of the head is disconcerting)
5. Untidy (Messy, hair on sink/tub/floor etc, filthy home/room)

In Guys
1. They are guys (Sorry, I don't swing that way:D )

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
It can be a fine line, acknowledging our prejudices, and being hurtful. Context and presentation are important. I mean, there are certain things that we arbitrarily key in on with others, attraction-wise. And I can see how some people might be curious about other people's turn-ons and turn-offs, and want to communicate them. But, it's fairly likely to be at least slightly hurtfull to people who match those criteria. Part of the problem may be that these lists mix together perceived character and physical flaws, along with matters of preference and taste. That could make people feel like these tastes are a judgement on them. Case in point, with that red hair example, I like dark red hair, but not the orange-red hair. That's a statement about myself, not about anyone with those colors of hair. Although, I'm not sure if that's what others feel.

I know what you're saying, but being one who has sampled many "wares" so to speak, I would say that a lot of these turnoffs are superficial and based on inexperience. ;) I've found that there are many body types and "looks" I enjoyed that I didn't think I would until I tried. I think everyone has their pluses and minuses, but I find a vast range of body types, hair color and such very attractive. It depends on the person.

But then again, I can be a bit of a whore. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.