Fix Proximity Sensor with JailBreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MultiMediaWill, Aug 3, 2010.

1. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

A lot of people have been having Proximity Sensor issues with the iP4 so I was wondering if there was any way to make it more sensitive so the screen stays off more?

2. zachcheatham macrumors regular

zachcheatham

Sounds like a possible jailbreak extension. I dont think one exists though.

3. Advil macrumors 6502a

i bet theres a way to turn down the sensitivity of the proximity sensor. i would love to see the jailbreak community fix something apple fu*ked up so badly!

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

It is a deep modification of the OS, I wouldn't recommend it. Let Apple handle it.

5. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Just out of curiosity, are these types of "deep modifications" possible with a standard Jailbreak? Or would it require further hacking? Would this apply to Safari mods as well (such as scrolling speed/sensitivity)?

I've done a fair amount of poking around and have not seen anything like what I've described above. However, I probably wouldn't know it even if I did see it.

6. MultiMediaWill thread starter macrumors 68000

Well my concern is that if Apple fixes the PSensor then they will also fix the jailbreak so I will have to chose between Psensor or jailbreak. Do you understand what I am saying?

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Jailbreaking gives you complete access to the filesystem. But it does not give you access to the source code of system files. It would be very hard to fix something if you don't know what's broken.

8. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Don't worry, once jailbroken, always jailbroken. Check the history when the 1.1.1 jailbreak came out and the 1.1.2 jailbreak came along.

9. Press22 macrumors 6502

Press22

4.1 updates the baseband. It will likely rid you of your jailbreak.
    OP makes a good point.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

We will have to wait and see how it plays.
    Before with pwnage tool as long as you were JB you could create custom IPSW's and stay JB on newer firmware. Now with userland JB's Im not sure if that possible.