Fix Proximity Sensor with JailBreak?

MultiMediaWill

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Minneapolis
A lot of people have been having Proximity Sensor issues with the iP4 so I was wondering if there was any way to make it more sensitive so the screen stays off more?

Advil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
i bet theres a way to turn down the sensitivity of the proximity sensor. i would love to see the jailbreak community fix something apple fu*ked up so badly!

rotobadger

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
It is a deep modification of the OS, I wouldn't recommend it. Let Apple handle it.
Just out of curiosity, are these types of "deep modifications" possible with a standard Jailbreak? Or would it require further hacking? Would this apply to Safari mods as well (such as scrolling speed/sensitivity)?

I've done a fair amount of poking around and have not seen anything like what I've described above. However, I probably wouldn't know it even if I did see it.

MultiMediaWill

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Minneapolis
It is a deep modification of the OS, I wouldn't recommend it. Let Apple handle it.
Well my concern is that if Apple fixes the PSensor then they will also fix the jailbreak so I will have to chose between Psensor or jailbreak. Do you understand what I am saying?

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Just out of curiosity, are these types of "deep modifications" possible with a standard Jailbreak? Or would it require further hacking?
Jailbreaking gives you complete access to the filesystem. But it does not give you access to the source code of system files. It would be very hard to fix something if you don't know what's broken.

Press22

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2010
Las Vegas
Don't worry, once jailbroken, always jailbroken. Check the history when the 1.1.1 jailbreak came out and the 1.1.2 jailbreak came along.
4.1 updates the baseband. It will likely rid you of your jailbreak.
OP makes a good point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.