iPhone 8(+) (Fixed in 11.0.2) Iphone 8 plus crackling static noise in earpiece during calls

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vask, Sep 22, 2017.

1. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

Try it with the ‘rainbow’ retro wallpapers.. I don’t see it with them. Seems like it takes something with contrast.. I did see it with the Earth one.

2. ManuCH macrumors 6502a

I consistently have that since day 1 on my iPhone 8 Plus. Doesn't bother me at all though. For me it's like the auto-brightness has some catching up to do or whatever.

3. Stefaans macrumors newbie

Stefaans

Definitely having this problem. Sometimes with audio playing in the background and especially when using the keyboard in other apps. Also with FaceTime calls on speaker crackling sounds every now and then - they become more apparent if you start using the keyboard while the call is in the background. Doesn’t always happen though.. software update didn’t fix this problem..
    --- Post Merged, Nov 8, 2017 ---
    I tried the hard reset and so far haven’t had this problem again. But who knows! Apple told me to go to the Apple Store and have an engineer check the air piece and this was after the so-called fix came out.. just press volume up, then volume down, then power button until it shuts down..

4. 1MORLAP macrumors newbie

1MORLAP

Same issue on 11.1.1 on iPhone X

5. mingmingsc macrumors newbie

I am having the same issue on my 8 plus. i have reset the network settings. and im on the latest 11.1.1 IOS still having the issue
    --- Post Merged, Nov 15, 2017 ---
    me too
    --- Post Merged, Nov 15, 2017 ---
    i am having this issue as well. The software update did not fix it. Resetting the network settings did not fix it either.

6. Jopete1980 macrumors newbie

I am experiecing it. Just updated to 11.1.1 and yet to confirm if the horrid cracking sounds are still persisting

7. mikeymike88 macrumors member

8. pat500000 Suspended

pat500000

how about the new update?

9. Bemmrich macrumors newbie

Bemmrich

Well I feel ripped off. Today I finally went to upgrade my 6s+. Wanted to see the X and decided to go with the 8+ for now. Now I’m watching YouTube and am hearing all the crackling and piping while watching it. Searched google and found this forum. Did I just waists a bunch of money on a **** apple product?
    So just summarize... BRAND New iPhone 8+ running 11.1.2 (latest update realeased yesterday) and the crackling is still on there. WTF

10. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

what does this have to do with the speaker? threadjacking = not cool.

11. jbartonp macrumors newbie

One month ago I upgraded from an iphone 6 to an iphone 7. Took it back 3 days later due to dropped calls and crackling and clicking in my hearing aids on bluetooth. 2nd Iphone 7 did the same thing. Now, after about 21 days, I went to an iphone 8 hoping to fix it. NOT. Every call has clicking or static sounds when using my hearing aids on bluetooth