Flash on iPhone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cmpatel, Apr 3, 2008.

1. cmpatel macrumors newbie

i was just wondering if there is any way to get flash player on my iphone so i can keep up with mlb scores from espn.com.......it requires flash and i know of other things that do to but i have no clue how to get flash on the iphone or even if its possible.....thanks for the help

2. rjohnstone macrumors 68030

rjohnstone

Short answer... NO.
    Flash does not work on the iPhone.

3. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

You can view flash videos on the iphone go to youtube there are videos telling you how.

4. bobbleheadbob macrumors 6502a

bobbleheadbob

No Flashing Allowed

Maybe sometime later this year, but not now. :(

5. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

What?

6. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

You need certain bookmarks but it is possible.

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

8. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

No but it's better than nothing. You can watch flash videos that you normally wouldn't be able to watch.

9. idragon macrumors newbie

it's been rumored that apple will release an official version of flash for safari on the iphone;)

10. djmoney4545 macrumors newbie

go to google and put streaming scores for iphone and it should be the first one

11. heyp macrumors 6502

what about using this site instead?

http://sportstap.mobi/

12. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Currently iPhone does not support flash. That's why Apple built a YouTube application just for us and why YouTube reformated many of their videos from usual format to H.264 (i think that's the format)

However, Adobe made it clear they will develop Flash for iPhone.

13. labman macrumors 604

labman

yep this is Why when Steve Jobs was asked if there will ever be Flash on the Iphone his simple reply one word (NO). and Adobe currently has a law suit filed with Apple. Apple has no plans in the future that include Flash. ;) besides Flash would come from Adobe not Apple. Apple would be the one that needs to approve it.

14. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

I can't believe some of you still think flash is coming, it's certain that it wont come after so many PR Stunts by Apple and Adobe and it will probably die faster than it should because of that, i don't hate flash, i don't like that the iPhone/iPad doesn't have it but i'd prefer that than a crashy device

15. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

This thread is like 2 years old. Don't bump it because some guy wants to advertise his app.

16. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

You can now view Flash-based websites on the iPhone using Cloud Browse from the App Store.

I have it and it works well. You can see all the horrid stuff that Steve Jobs does not want you to see.

(At least, it was still available yesterday, but I am sure Apple will kill it once they realise what's going on.....)

17. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, watching flash on cloud browse is OK, but the actual browswer kinda sucks.

18. moynihan123 macrumors member

Look at the date of the post you are quoting genius.

*facepalm*

19. labman macrumors 604

labman

Sorry I screwed up in my next life I will try to be perfect like you. I realized the mistake after somebody pointed it out. Like somebody doesn't bring up flash or iPhone and verizon every week. Any way have a good day.

20. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

21. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

Not to pile on, really, but I've always wondered because it happens on MR a lot: how do you accidentally bump a two year old thread? Searching mishap?

22. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

I think they push old threads to the top now and then on purpose hoping someone falls for it and all the water-walking douchebags can pile on their tripe. It's an awful place. I wouldn't dare ask a question here.

23. labman macrumors 604

labman

originally somebody bumped this thread to spam there app. there were a couple of us that replied. by mistake some of those post have since been deleted. basically a spammer dug up the thread. any way time to just let the thread die again. it looks as if I am the one that 1st bumped this thread I wasn't not that I still should have caught replying to a old post.

24. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

Ah, I didn't see the original spam posts. And now I've bumped it even more. Sorry, carry on (or not).

Eh, it's reasonably civilized compared to a lot of forums. Liberal use of the ignore function helps; as does thoroughly researching before you ask a question. (Although generally my non-stupid questions get ignored. Go figure.)

25. Naethyn macrumors regular

Naethyn

Retarded For Bumping This Kinda Wasnt Paying Attention