FLASH on NEXUS ONE looks awesome and works perfectly

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chevenowner, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Chevenowner macrumors regular

2. kenypowa macrumors 6502a

Another reason why my next phone will be an Android.

3. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

You can't really tell how it affects the battery, or the internal heating of the phone.

4. Chevenowner thread starter macrumors regular

I m a proper apple fan boy and never gave nexus one a chance but to be honest the more I see videos about nexus one the more I like it
    according to Steve jobs flash would crash and wouldn't work properly on iPhone
    well it's working perfectly on android without any lag our any kind of crashing

5. Gurtz macrumors member

Around 3:15 and 3:55 there was definitely lag, just saying

6. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I, for one, wish that the companies on the web would stop messing about with alternative multimedia formats, each of which requires special proprietary decoders. However, if Flash is important to you then it looks like you might have found your next phone in the Nexus1. Bon appétit!

EDIT: Actually, is there any reason why a third party could not create an app that would play Flash multimedia files???

7. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Apple might deny it from the app store.

8. thetexan macrumors 6502a

I was there when iPhone 2.0 on the 3G lagged like crazy. I was there when it took 10 seconds to open the contacts application. I was there when my 3G signal was so poor it was useless and I had to turn it off. Just saying.

9. Superdrive macrumors 6502a

Superdrive

The fans on my MacBook started up while watching that video.

I want to view Flash video on my iPhone as much as the next guy, but when my computer can hardly do it, it is tough for me to expect them to get it right on my phone.

10. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Impressive to see Flash running on a mobile device, but at the same time it shows the reason why Apple are rightfully suing for breach of patent regulations.

The very fact that the guy can turn the phone horizontally and the screen rotates (ie: accelerometer) and he double taps to zoom in, is taken right from the iPhone UI patents.

11. koollectablz macrumors 6502

Well after seeing that, I can safely say, if iPhone 4.0 does not have some form of flash support that the user can choose to initialize then my next phone is an android.

And I truly do love my iPhone. :(

12. Chevenowner thread starter macrumors regular

Good

Looks impressive
    my next phone is definately an android

13. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

It's not enough to make me want to drop the iPhone and go back to the hellhole of Android but it was a lot more impressive than I was expecting.

I imagine the Flash issue will be bigger for the iPad than the phone considering people don't expect any compromise with their "home computer" like they do with phones.

14. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

I wonder why Apple does not sue Google for so much Android design copied straight from the iPhone. Apparently there is a case against HTC.

I switched from an Android phone & don't miss Flash. YouTube works but annoying ads do not.

15. martynmc7 macrumors regular

Same here, I had a HTC Hero which did have Flash working somewhat, and you know what, I couldn't care less for it on the iPhone. There's much more you have to compromise with Android: stability, usability, high quality apps, multitouch in places like the keyboard etc.

I've yet to see the hype over Android, I haven't used a Nexus 1 (they're practically non-existent in the UK), but I did have the Hero for 3 months and by the end I was so frustrated with it I ended up carrying round my 1G iPod Touch for everything but texting and phone calls.

I would be interested to try the Nexus 1, but I don't see myself jumping back into Android any time soon.

16. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

yeah lets sue everyone so that phone's are crippled by lawsuits !

:rolleyes:

all these lawsuits betwen nokia, apple, palm, etc means that if there is a good idea on one phone, it will never be available on another platform

I can't believe you think that's a good thing

17. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

And yet it showed easily on my older XP laptop. The fact that the Mac Flash version is pitiful is not germane here.

They're talking about a version of Flash specifically optimized for ARM cpus on mobile device screens.

AFAIK, Apple has no such patents. Can you name one that claims those?

Other devices had accelerometers before the iPhone to flip displays. And the double tap browser zoom is referenced in Apple patents as being derived from a 2002 Philips Electronics patent.

18. archipellago macrumors 65816

lol... incorrect.

anyway..

HP/MS had a touchscreen pda/phone in 1998/1999.

Apple don't innovate, they refine exisiting ideas.

the Nexus One is a really great device.

19. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

I'm not going to be one of those people, "hatin" on the nexus one with flash.
    To me it honestly, looks like it's doing a good thing. Good thing for Nexus one and Flash. Looks really Clean, it would be neat if the iPhone had a capability like that.

20. bks691 macrumors regular

21. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Apple argue that their patent is the iPhone user interface, and come on ... be honest here. How many mobile phones used that kind of interface with rotate to change aspect ratio and pinch/zoom or double tap gestures, before the iPhone arrived and became a success.

I'm well aware that companies had touch screens in the past, and I had a Sony Ericsson with a flip down physical keyboard and large touch screen that used a stylus. The issue is that companies now almost identically copy the iPhone user experience/interface to the tee.

If you wish to see the monstrosity I used in the early noughties ... here it is here: [​IMG]

If you don't like my opinion, debate it, but don't dare ridicule.

22. archipellago macrumors 65816

Your opinion seems to be the fact 'in your eyes' that Apple was the first and has patents on the (amongst others) touchscreens, accelerometers and tapping a screen twice..!!

I'm just pointing out that grid shaped Icon UI was on a touchscreen product about 10 years before the iPhone came out. Apple do very little new, they just have a great knack of making old stuff seem new....

23. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Android has that, but so do all other smart phones now. LG Dare has it,Instinct has it. Apple needs to sue them too:rolleyes:

24. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

Yes, here it is:

25. Ab10la macrumors newbie

I just upgraded from the iPhone 3gs to the nexus one. Wow what an upgrade. Flash too? It keeps getting sweeter.