flashing light

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by robert12349, Jul 20, 2007.

1. robert12349 macrumors newbie

is there any way to turn off the flashing light on my mbp that comes on when it sleeps?

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Nope. Cut the line to the LED inside the case, or put tape over it.

3. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

No.

You can throw a t-shirt on it or open your laptop and cut the wires (that's a bit extreme) :D or never put your machine to sleep :rolleyes:

edit : yellow, you were faster than me.

4. kolax macrumors G3

That's its heartbeat.

Least you know your Mac died if it stopped pulsing. It does kinda light up the room at night though so I can see how it can be annoying. I just position my Apple Remote against it and don't have a problem.

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

6. Zel macrumors regular

One little square of duct tape will change that blinding white light to a simple indicator tone.

There may be a peice of software that can change the light behavior, but theres a strong possibility it is impossible to change in software and 'clipping the wires' is the only option.

7. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

AFAIK, there isn't.. and this issue asked about a lot. It's purely a hardware function.

8. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

i also hate when my macbook snores ;)

but i live with it. really, if you're gonna have your eyes closed and soon be unconscious, why does it matter? :p

9. paleck macrumors 6502a

paleck

At least yours only snores....I could've sworn I heard mine talking in it's sleep. :p

10. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Leave the lid open when you put it to sleep. The ambient light sensors will dim the sleep LED.

edit: power button, then "s". There's also a single key combination shortcut, but I forget what it is.

11. klymr macrumors 65816

Exactly. It bugged me the first few times I put it to sleep while I was trying to go to sleep, but once I got tired enough all those worries left me. I no longer care about that bright light (although I seem to keep having dreams about traffic driving towards me...haha...jk).

12. xxlordgold macrumors member

I do the exact same thing as Kilamite. I find that standing the Apple Remote against the light does a good job.

13. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

Does anyone like the placement of the light on the tibook's better? I think I preferred it being on the top/back since that end usually faces the wall.