flashing light

robert12349

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2007
is there any way to turn off the flashing light on my mbp that comes on when it sleeps?

deadpixels

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2006
No.

You can throw a t-shirt on it or open your laptop and cut the wires (that's a bit extreme) :D or never put your machine to sleep :rolleyes:

edit : yellow, you were faster than me.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
That's its heartbeat.

Least you know your Mac died if it stopped pulsing. It does kinda light up the room at night though so I can see how it can be annoying. I just position my Apple Remote against it and don't have a problem.

Zel

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2007
One little square of duct tape will change that blinding white light to a simple indicator tone.

There may be a peice of software that can change the light behavior, but theres a strong possibility it is impossible to change in software and 'clipping the wires' is the only option.

sr5878

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
i also hate when my macbook snores ;)

but i live with it. really, if you're gonna have your eyes closed and soon be unconscious, why does it matter? :p

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
Leave the lid open when you put it to sleep. The ambient light sensors will dim the sleep LED.

edit: power button, then "s". There's also a single key combination shortcut, but I forget what it is.

klymr

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2007
Utah
i also hate when my macbook snores ;)

but i live with it. really, if you're gonna have your eyes closed and soon be unconscious, why does it matter? :p
Exactly. It bugged me the first few times I put it to sleep while I was trying to go to sleep, but once I got tired enough all those worries left me. I no longer care about that bright light (although I seem to keep having dreams about traffic driving towards me...haha...jk).