Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Malfoy said:
Thing I'm still wondering about:

1. I hear talk of a power button on the keyboard. Where is it?

2. Is there a way to eject w/o the PM being on?

1. There used to be a power button on the top of Apple keyboards. Those days, unfortunately, are long past. So don't bother looking for one, they no longer exist.

2. No. :/

Now... do tell us how you like the 30" display... I concur with the posts above that it seems like too much of a good thing... :eek:

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
When I read the tittle I was thinking "Oh some mac noobie needs some advice on getting his Mac mini to work" open it "Holy ****!"

That is one impressive machine you got there:eek:

So this is how jealously feels?:p

Malfoy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
iDM said:
I like how you spend over $7000 on a computer yet you are using the apple manual as your mouse pad.

LOL, I guess that is one way to look at it. I was just testing varous surfaces cause the desk surface wasnt cooperating too much. And the the costs were well under 7k.

To answer Mr. Anderson:

People on the board recommend having a fast drive for apps and a big drive for data. I thought the price for the WD was a bit high and I read the WD 400 Caviar 16 SE was a worthy alternative(not as fast as the raptor but a little under 6x the space). And I plan to use the G5 for everything. I mainly do web stuff and graphics but plan on getting into video in 06. I do the gaming thing every so often(just ran the UT2004 demo, wow). Mainly I like to do a lot of crap at once and nothing pisses me off more than my system bogging down because I have too many things open(I don't close, I minimize). So this is my way of making me have to work a bit harder to make that happen.

To Raven VII:

Its taking me some getting use to. I have to move my eyes around a bit more than I thought I would but I've always had a problem taking in an entire picture. (When playing racing games on a big screen I NEED a friend to look at the map and tell me whats coming because no matter how far away I am I can't take it all in.) I was considering getting a 2nd 24" (I started a thread on it in peripherials i think) but instead opted to just sell my 24"(bought it in July) to a friend and get this. Because of how I operate on the desktop, the monitor edge would bother me a bit.

Now I go and try to figure out how to get those widgets onto the desktop.. The f12 hold mouse click technique doesnt seem to be working for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.