Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by AppleThis&That, Jun 9, 2009.
Are there any good combat flight simulator games for Mac?
The last time I took a serious look at *Mac* flight sims (2006), this is what I saw. Whether they are available now, I don't know. Warbirds was pretty good when I played it but a subscription is involved. How good the others are I'll leave up to personal prefs.
* Enemy Engaged- Helo Sim.
* F/A-18 Iraqi Freedom- combat sim.
* X-Plane- civil flight sim- warbirds included but no weapons damage (last time I checked).
* Warbirds & Dawn of Aces- online combat sim.
* Sky Fighters 1945- old OSX combat sim.
* Targetware- an open architecture cross-platform combat simulator, with several community created mods, that was free to play last time I looked at it 2006.
* Flight Gear- a free FAA approved-for-training, open-source civil aviation flight sim.
Also check out pur-mac.com's flight sim page. But I could not find a date on this page...
One more comment- I have not tried to play a flight sim via BootCamp/Windows on my MBP but I imagine the crop of flight sims for Windows will be larger and should be playable.
WW2 Online: Battleground Europe has a very good air combat component.
Better then some of items listed above.
And X-Plane is awesome, even if not made for online air combat.
X-Plane does have guns, bombs, missiles, and rockets now. The missiles lock on and do damage. The AI is pretty good if you give it an F-22 something and turn the difficulty up. It's still not a combat flight sim by default, but it is fun on multiplayer.
X-Plane- Is there any hat-view control for looking over your shoulder?