Flip Case like Galaxy S3?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Petronas, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Petronas macrumors regular

Just wondering if someone could recommend a good quality flip case like the official Galaxy S3 Flip Case?

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-flip-case-galaxy-s3-review?style_mobile=0

Perhaps something that can also hold credit cards as well, the Galaxy S3 Flip Case cannot hold any type of cards or money.

2. children macrumors regular

3. Giuly, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013

Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

How about the SGP illuzion? Looks nice, holds tree cards protects you phone with a hard shell and you can even make calls with it closed.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Or, if you're more into real leather, the KAVAJ Dallas. It has the cards on the back, and the flap is magnetic.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The new Twelve South SurfacePad might also be for you. Looks great, protects the screen and it's genuine leather, too. (Jet Black and White, also for the iPhone 4/4S: Jet Black and White)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. kthnxshwn macrumors regular

Link?

5. neotope macrumors regular

6. Ric WRX macrumors member

Ric WRX

I ordered the Kavaj case, but the Incipio looks very good also

7. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Can you say a little bit after it arrived about it?

8. amymany macrumors member

9. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Yeah, but it doesn't fit the iPhone 5. :)

10. oneMadRssn Suspended

oneMadRssn

11. aarif2012 macrumors member

12. amymany macrumors member

this cool flip case is for iphone 5

Attached Files:

13. neotope macrumors regular

I got a Kavaj from Amazon because I wanted to see what all the hype was about for the flip style cases. My first impression is disappointment. It probably has more to do with the flip style case than the Kavaj specifically.

The leather Kavaj is really nice and my only main complaint is the magnets are a bit weak and it seems as if it might be a tad too big. I am never one to mix credit cards and my phone so the slots on the back are not that useful to me. I probably would not want to put more than one card in each.

Initially I was going to try the case for a couple days but even as I am writing this review and texting with a friend the case is really annoying to use. The only time I think I would use this case is if I was going to a function where I was wearing a suit. It is definitely a nice looking case and for those functions I might be OK with sticking my ID and main credit card in the back.

14. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

So, if you're looking for a flip case, that's one to consider, though? Because I still think that it's one of the nicest cases around, especially for flip cases with credit card slots (that is, if two of them are sufficient).

15. neotope macrumors regular

Yes, if you like leather flip cases I think this would be a great case.

I am going to try to use the case for a couple days because I do think it is really nice and I like how it looks. Once the leather gets worked in a bit I think I might like it more because the magnets will probably hold better and it will be easier to flip all the way open as the leather has more give.

My main case since launch day has been a Defender so the size of this case is very nice.

16. maniacphoner macrumors regular

I am starting to like one of those wallet cases. So very convenient. I'm using one of those free cases I got from a friend who works at Verizon store.
    The difference between the illuzion and valentinus wallet cases...is that the type of the leather make up?

17. skar316 macrumors newbie

I tried the illuzion and for one its the type of leather as the illuzion is faux leather, two is that it only has two card slots, and three is that the Valentinus has a pocket under the card slots while the illuzion doesn't.

18. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

The Valentinus is genuine leather, though.

19. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

Back from the dead.. Is there a case like this style, but that covers all 4 sides including corners of the phone?

20. MR Bulk, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013

MR Bulk macrumors regular

eBay Item #: 170982705263

----------

Anyway I've had good luck searching on eBay for:
    Mercury Flip Galaxy S3

You'll get international hits and Bid-type results but you can refine it by specifying Buy It Now, US Sellers Only, etc., and replacing "Galazy S3" with "iPhone 5".

21. MR Bulk macrumors regular

Oh yeah forgot I just ordered this for a friend's BD. it is a flip case with ear hole in cover, and three (3) SEWN (not simply cut) card slots on inside cover:

http://www.boxwave.com/samsung-galaxy-s3-cases-and-covers/leather-card-samsung-galaxy-s3-wallet/bwpdd/mcp-zvvm/

Typing from my phone, so you may have to copy and paste link to see it.

22. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

You are aware this thread is about iPhone cases, right? You keep posting SG3 links

23. MR Bulk macrumors regular

Sorry but I was going by the title.

Also I did edit, in another post above, about replacing "Galaxy S3" with "iPhone 5" in the search line so you would, indeed, be searching for an iPhone 5 case.

24. Mellisaray macrumors regular

well, it is good, i like this kind of case, especially leather case.