Folders: What the hell?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WhySoSerious, Jun 21, 2010.

?

Do you like the overall LOOK of the way Folders has been implemented by Apple?

1. Yes!!

78.3%
  2. No!!

21.7%
  1. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

These things are butt ugly. Apple should have made them look a bit better by giving the user the option to create a unified icon instead of all your folders looking exactly alike with that icon-within-an-icon view. They are so ugly, I had to resort to either not using folders (which really sucks) or putting them on the very back page (which....ya, also sucks).

Apple + folders = Fail

2. awestruck macrumors regular

3. WhySoSerious thread starter macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

re-read what i wrote. k, thx

4. Depercision macrumors newbie

5. bahooki macrumors regular

Functionally its great that Apple finally got around to giving us something this basic, but I agree it would be nice if we could alter the looks of them. I'm sure we'd get some really awesome icon sets made.

6. standingquiet macrumors 6502

standingquiet

Stop moaning they look fine and are a greatly welcomed addition by me.

7. sjn419 macrumors regular

I literally chased one icon with another for 10 minutes trying to drop it in. Good times.

8. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

I like 'em.

Why must people complain about everything?

9. tnisatard macrumors 6502

i dont liek the look of them, but if you look at the androids version, it looks plain and boring

plus the jailbreak version sucked

10. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

11. awestruck macrumors regular

I read what you wrote just fine. I was just simply stating that if you don't like them, don't use them. k, thnx

12. dmx macrumors 6502

I love them. It would be cool if we could use our own icons, but this is much, much better than searching for an app or scrolling through pages and pages to find it.

13. Sean4123 macrumors 6502

Gee why am I not surprised? Apple finally gives us something we've all be whining about not having, and of course, someone has to whine about how the folders look! Get a life. Why so serious?

14. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

I like having folders for my games and stuff but they are a bit of a pain to make. Especially in iTunes.

15. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I've had the GM Cand. installed since release and I'm still trying to get use to them. My problem is that miniturizing all the app icons may seem cool but it's really useless as a GUI cue. I'd much rather have a icon there that symbolized games, or utilities, etc. It would make it easier to spot what you are looking for w/o having to read the label.

16. fizzwinkus macrumors 6502a

while i might not love the current look, it's light years better than ten generic paper folder icons on a page.

maybe later we'll get custom icons. no big deal.

17. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

I agree. The only way I'm going to use a folder is if I have at least 9 apps to put in it (a full icon). Less than that and I'm not using one.

18. awestruck macrumors regular

I can understand this problem, but the problem with appearance is just stupid. I don't see myself using folders, but we'll see.

19. advres Guest

advres

So who are you trying to impress with your phone? Are they THAT UGLY, that there is no way they will grace your wonderful homescreen? So you'll scroll through to the back page, thus negating their usefulness because they aren't 'blingy' enough for you? Get. A. ****ing. Life.

20. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

21. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

They're clearly designed to work well with the new retina display.

I'm pretty sure you're not using one at this point so you're complaining about the way they look on old technology. Basically, Apple doesn't care. Buy the new phone.

Harsh, I know, but that's the way they roll.

22. bahooki macrumors regular

Exactly, and thats what I expect from a company that openly states they won't do something until they can do it right would do. I have a ton of games, and now I find myself staring at little tiny icons within little tiny icons. Perhaps the retina screen will prove to be useful after all.

23. fizzwinkus macrumors 6502a

"was about to have sex with this person, but then i saw the folder icons on their phone. it was like a digital unibrow! needless to say, i ran out of there and had sex with some other person."

24. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

I like the folders, however, I do wish they made the icons a little bigger.