Font Issue with Font Book

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by peternunn, Mar 29, 2017.

1. peternunn macrumors newbie

Hi I have just upgraded to a Macbook Pro using macOS Sierra 10.12.3. I was previously using an iMac (around 2012) Sierra. I have used Microsoft's Century Gothic font in an Adobe Indesign project. The font no longer displays on the new Macbook Pro.
    1. I have noted that Century Gothic is installed with Microsoft Word - I can still access the font in Word
    2. I have attempted to take a copy from the old machine and install with Font Book on the new machine - unsuccessfully
    3. I have looked in the Fonts folder and the font appears in this folder.
    4. I have attempted to drop a copy of the font into the fonts folder, it overwrites the previous version and I can still access in Word but none of the Adobe Suite.
    5. I have noticed that the file extension for Century Gothic is FFIL (Font Suitcase)
    6. From what i can see via Google searches FFIL is a collection of fonts
    7. I have also noted that none of the FFIL fonts appear in Font Book or Adobe Suite so I'm pretty sure that this is the problem - however they worked on an earlier mac using the same operating system so I cant see any reason for them not to continue working.
    8. I have been on the Apple support line for over an hour and still not success
    Any help here would be really appreciated.

2. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

What version Word? 2011 or 2016?

Office 2016 installs fonts in each application folder not in the usual Fonts > Microsoft folder. Each app has its own fonts for sandboxing reasons. Office 2016 fonts are invisible to Font Book and font management software. Control-Click (Right-click) on Office 2016 app in Applications. You’ll find fonts in this location.

Contents > Resources > Fonts

3. peternunn thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello and thanks for your response. You are a life saver.