Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dehory

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2008
can you run football manager on a mac without the cd? you can on windows.

The copy protection is different between Mac and PC and the price for not having to deal with DRM (as on the PC) is having to use the DVD.

There are ways around this, but the least legally dubious method is probably if you create and mount a disk image of your game DVD using Toast.

mfage1

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2009
birmingham, england
Skins & Graphics on Macbooks

hello everyone, iv been trying an trying to get the kits and graphics updates to work on my football manager 2009.
The game its self has worked fine since i bought it. i have been buying football manager form a young age, and know basically everything there is to know about it. EXCEPT THIS! which i know you think will be frustrating.

i have followed the step by step explanations on various websites
extract folder of kits and logos to a graphics folder, un-tick cache and tick reload skin and confirm then it should appear on my game???
i have tried this loads of times and it really doesn't want to work.
although once the kits worked, and they still appear on my game. but nothing else will.

can anyone try and shed some light on the subject?????

this also happens with the skins, when i extract the download to the skins folder and go to choose the skin, it doesnt appear in preferences on the drop down menu.

help me please, it is driving me nuts lol.

bigjohnscots

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2009
Has there been any success with getting this running on a ppc mac.

If not looks like i am stuck with fm2008.

rpalac86

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2009
hey guys i have a new imac and ive installed the game and it all work fine.

For some reason though, it won't allow me to change the 3d match settings from 'low'. Does anyone know why this is?? surely the imac 2.66ghz and 256mb graphics card can run this game on full 3d settings??

runebinder

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2009
Nottingham, UK
hey guys i have a new imac and ive installed the game and it all work fine.

For some reason though, it won't allow me to change the 3d match settings from 'low'. Does anyone know why this is?? surely the imac 2.66ghz and 256mb graphics card can run this game on full 3d settings??

Should be able to, got a MBP with a 256MB 9600 GT and that can handle the high setting.

What version of the game are you running? Latest patch is 9.3, try that if you haven't already.

Seoul Bhoy

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2009
Scottish League Disappears

Guys,
I've just got to season 2011/2012 and the SPL has disappeared!!! All I can play is Champions League and Scottish Cup. Any ideas???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.