For all who enabled tethering Do you use it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajohnson253, Jun 22, 2009.

1. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

For all who enabled tethering for you 3gs do you use it on the daily?
    If so how often?

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I've used it everyday since last week Tuesday. I'm using it on average about 5-6 hours when I use it. I just hookup my MBP to my iPhone via USB cable and turn tethering on without a hitch. Lovin' it......:cool::cool::cool:

3. neilp4453 macrumors regular

Hells ya...well actually no. I got internet at home..but I generally go to help out at our family business on the weekends and I tethered there for the first time last week.

It was pretty slick...used up only about 70mb of data (saturday and sunday) and I did a fair share of surfing as well as update a business program via 3G.

Loved it.

4. macjram macrumors 6502a

macjram

I've been using it quite often in the car and at Starbucks and my friends' houses.

5. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

You know, I used it when I first unlocked it ... But it just wasn't worth the broken VVM for me. I would get my VVM to work for a little bit, then it would be broken again. VVM is more important to me than Tethering.

6. neilp4453 macrumors regular

I heard about that happening...but I've tested mine multiple times. Maybe try some of the more updated links? I used the method that works directly from the iphone browser.

Works flawlessly.

On topic...I can't wait till I go somewhere boring as hell. Bring my laptop and tether.

7. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

did you try chaning the Voicemail APN to acds.voicemail worked for me instantly