For everyone complaining about Dongles

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fox10078, Oct 27, 2016.

1. fox10078 macrumors 6502

fox10078

2. TMRJIJ macrumors 68020

TMRJIJ

Nice prices! They are still going to complain though until every devices in store have made the complete switch to USB-C

3. Macalway, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016

Macalway macrumors 68020

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I personally think that the iPhone 7 should have had an option. Do you want one with a lighting to USB or a lightning to USB-C. The fact that I cannot plug my phone into my computer without an adapter is absurd.

5. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

6. jonnysods macrumors 603

jonnysods

7. UBS28 macrumors 6502a

Steve jobs disliked extra cables so much that he introduced the iMac. And the new Retina Macbook Pro just doesn't work. You have to make it work. This really doesn't feel like an Apple laptop.

Not paying over 3000 for having to deal with this.

8. aristobrat macrumors G5

USB C is what everything is switching to. This isn't just an issue with Apple. You replace your existing cables once, and you're done. You can do it now, or buy a new computer that still has old USB ports and delay the inevitable for another few years, but at some point you're going to have to deal with this.

9. Howard2k macrumors 6502a

Howard2k

No. No more progress!

10. UBS28 macrumors 6502a

USB C isn't market standard today. I have heard the same story with Thunderbolt and Firewire. I use my machine today and not in some possible future where anything can happen still.

11. aristobrat macrumors G5

I think you'll find more non-Apple machines available for purchase this very second that come with USB C than ever came with Thunderbolt or FireWire.

USB C is the next evolution of the ubiquitous USB port that every computer nowadays has. It's not something brand new like Thunderbolt was.

12. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Its on Chromebook Pixel

13. fxbeta macrumors member

fxbeta

HAHAHaHahaHAhaHahahaha!!!!!!

14. roadkill401 macrumors 6502

roadkill401

And if you go out and buy those "other" branded laptops, they will also come with the standard USB 3.0 ports, likely an ethernet, and SDHD card reader. Just because the world is moving towards usb-c doesn't mean what is usable today needs to simply be abandoned.

Why did apple put on a 3.5mm headphone jack after having the courage to remove it from the iPhone7? they should have put on a lightning connector for your new headphones you had to purchase to be courageous like apple.

15. arbitrage macrumors 6502a

71c7-LeHskL._SL1500_.jpg I don't use the HDMI or SD slot so I just bought a couple of these and will leave them on my existing USB cables. Problem solved for $10CDN.

16. mmarcus178 macrumors newbie

From what I posted in another thread:

...I'm a pretty avid photographer -- a demo that Apple used to care about. They just took away the SD card slot. Basic, functional. Just worked. My RX1R doesn't do wifi transfers or anything. Apple used to focus on laptops that just worked. They've now sacrificed that. You can talk about form vs. function, you can talk about the future of computer -- I don't really care. I want my sh^t to be simple and easy. The new laptops make things more complicated, they make me carry around more crap. That's antithetical to how I want to live and how I thought Apple designed its products.

17. CliftonHighgrov macrumors regular

CliftonHighgrov

We have those on the Amazon UK store, but there were some bad reviews regarding reliability and longevity. Those sold for £3.95/pair, so I chose the slightly more expensive Auskey adapters at £4.95/pair and no bad reviews.

Guess we'll see…

18. Ries macrumors 68000

Me: Hey, here is the info you requested on a USB stick.
    You: Sorry, I forgot my dongle collection, I have a USB-C stick?
    Me: Oh, my computer doesn't have those, I opted out of upgrading to those overpriced Macbook Pro's and kept my trusty 2011 Macbook Pro.

19. wim.v macrumors member

wim.v

Can you give me a link to these adaptors? thanks :)

20. meboy macrumors regular

Really? ?
    That is the same thing as buying a dongle . . . . WTF is wrong with the Kool-Aid crew.
    Open your eyes.

21. Sully macrumors regular

Sully

22. fox10078 thread starter macrumors 6502

fox10078

My eyes are open and they see 4 40 Gbps thunderbolt ports and I couldn't be happer since my job most relies around thunderbolt.

That was why I waited for it tbh was because most windows laptop like XPS and Razer blade have only one. having 4 is just insane, but I wish they could have kept magsafe and i could them all but hey in the end i got 3 and that is huge for my workflow

23. sbpax macrumors member

Apple is ****ing swimming in cash, they can definitely afford to include a dongle or two for the manufacturing price. They wouldn't lose money and be gaining a lot of goodwill. This is just greed.

24. fox10078 thread starter macrumors 6502

fox10078

Not gonna argue there, not happy especially with the Power extension cable being removed.