For God's Sake Apple Release Them New Macbooks Already...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jackfrost123, Aug 31, 2008.

1. jackfrost123 macrumors 6502

You are being trapled by the competition in terms of specs.

I have managed to conveince 15+ people to switch and I am losing one after the other to f. vista laptops just because they are newer models and better spec-ed, even sony, a premim brand has got much better spec models for the same prices AND because people just don't want to wait any longer for you to update, they are not all apple freaks like me, they wanna get to uni/job/school and buy now.

have a look, ignore the greek:

http://www.plaisio.gr/product.aspx?catalog=21&category=69980973&product=1094807

http://www.plaisio.gr/product.aspx?catalog=21&category=69977907&product=1115510

And for sweet jesus update them isights to 1.3...what are we in the stone ages?

I can't get my friends to buy from you when I know you are about to update, how would it make them feel to find out that their brand new computer is an old bag in a couple of weeks?

YOU SHOULD HAVE UPDATED A WEEK AGO ALREADY, NOW EVERYBODY CONSIDERING BUYING FROM YOU WHO IS EVEN IN THE SLIGHTEST AWARE OF UPDATES AND RUMOR SITES SUCH AS THIS ARE HOLDING OFF BUYING OR (MOST) BUYING SOMETHING ELSE.

I have to be on the phone most of the time telling people, yeah hold on, yeah ok I know you want to set it up since your term begins or you are back to work from the summer, but they will release it soon...blah...blah....

YOU HAVE FALLEN BEHIND SCHEDULE.

Even for members of my own family I am getting the eee pc as a cheap non vista alternative...

SAME GOES FOR IPODS, PEOPLE ARE GETTING BACK TO SCHOOL OR UNI, BUT THEY DON'T WANT TO PAY THE SAME AND HAVE OLD IPODS IN A WEEK. GET MOVING!!!:mad::mad::mad:

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

1. Apple doesn't care about being "up to date".
    2. Every single Apple computer currently available will immediately break upon the release of new models. RIGHT.

Either buy now, wait, or buy a PC. Apple doesn't care.

No, they're not.

Find a 1.3 megapixel USB webcam under $50.

No, the majority of the people who were going to buy from Apple are going to buy the current model anyway, simply because they either do not know or do not care.

That's a personal choice to tell people that an update is near. It's not Apple's problem that you are keeping your friends from having a great computer now.

You're right. The same does go for iPods; most people buying them don't care. The ones who do are waiting, and are happy for it.

3. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

i dont think apple wants EVERYONE to buy their computers. just like everyone does not drive a BMW. They are luxury computers and dont really rely on everyone buying right before school. they know they have a great fan base and people will buy when they need or even just when a new product is released.

apple will stay upscale so their prices can stay upscale

4. jackfrost123 thread starter macrumors 6502

@tail
    Please explain 2. , I don't understand what you are saying. What do you mean apple doesn't care, they don't care to sell? In their most lucrative sector, laptops? And please don't refer to me to"buy, wait etc.", its about people I am trying to get to switch.

@tmac, that's not called staying upscale, how is lagging behind, staying upscale? And no the macbook IS NOT a luxury computer sorry to burst your bubble there. It's a good computer, a well designed one but at it's price point NOT a luxury one...As for the fan base, yeah tell me about it...my point is that switchers need to know they are more dependable, I am not talking about the fanbase, but about the rest.

5. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Apple move according to their own pace… irate postings on forums only drive up your blood pressure.
    Unless you are in Mac sales (and then WTF are you doing telling people to hold off? ;)) You really should be getting out some more and stop worrying about Apple's hardware schedules.

:confused:

6. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

we really need to stop following each other around on this here forum.

but hey atleast we on the same ideas

7. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

And yet Apple continues to see double-digit growth in notebook sales while the Wintel guys, with their latest and greatest, can barely break one or two percentage points.

If your 15 friends want a Wintel machine with Vista, more power to them. For each of them, there are more then 15 people walking into an Apple Store and picking up a MacBook (Pro).

8. jackfrost123 thread starter macrumors 6502

man, most of these people are close friends, I don't want them to get a computer with their hard earned cash and then a week or two after have new macbook ads all over the place rubbed in their faces. If I were in their place I d expect someone who is in the know about macs to protect me and guide me in my purchase. Does that make sense?

9. jackfrost123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Being a member here you know I will agree with what you are saying of course, but constructive criticism, which is what I am doing, was never a bad thing, and 30 people walking in, is better than 15. ;)

10. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I feel the same way about my friends, and I told them to wait as long as they could, but if they need it, you have to let it go. It's already obsolete before you open it, anyway.

11. jackfrost123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Man what you are saying is a bunch of crap, even the eee has a 1.3 camera, let alone the sony's. And where did I say that the majority WONT buy now...I am talking about the informed minority. What? I am keeping my friend from....yeah whatever...

12. jackfrost123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well ok, since you let go of the hostility we can finally agree somewhere, I am telling them the same thing. BUT it's not just any time of the year, it's back to school year, that's what makes it difficult for them to wait. Am I making my point more clear? I wouldn't be going come on apple release them already in ANY other time of the year, that's their job to release whenever the 've planned it, but ESPECIALLY right now it's crucial that they have something good out, and they don't mostly. IT'S JUST THIS TIME OF THE YEAR THAT I AM NAGGING ABOUT, AND THEY 'VE FALLEN BEHIND, READ THE SPECS ON THAT SONY.

With the possible exception of the macbook pro neither the air with the horrendous core shutdowns not the 2+ year design macbook with the old specs compared to pretty much anything is the way to go...THAT IS APPLE'S OVERSIGHT, AND AS MUCH AS I LIKE THE CO., I GOT TO CRITICIZE THEM FOR THAT.

13. 11800506 macrumors 65816

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISight

The iSight cameras already are 1.3 megapixels, however not all software can utilize all of the resolution if I am correct.

14. deriko100 macrumors 6502

15. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

yes they are.

but with good reason. apple rarely lets us down.

if they are going to kill us, they are going to kill us is the coolest, and most well designed way possible.

16. jackfrost123 thread starter macrumors 6502

I thought that was the case in the pro and air models only. But I can't find (Even here) the exact info. In any case if the software cannot yeat accomodate a 1.3 one fully, that's another issue that should be adressed asap.

17. jackfrost123 thread starter macrumors 6502

well amen to that at least.

18. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

I would happily own a 2 year old Mac running OS X in comparison to a brand new Sony yadda yadda. OS X, thats where its at. Who cares about running a shafty operating system (Windows Vista) on aparently up to date hardware. Its so beyond me.

Also aww man, my webcam aint 1.3 MP, what a bummer, aww darn so out of date. Major neseccity that 1.3 MP cam, for doing what may I ask....

You are coming across as totally ridiculous.

19. 11800506 macrumors 65816

The way Wikipedia put it came across to mean that only Photobooth could address the full resolution. Just not other apps that were built using Apple's API.

Here is another article I found via Google from ars technica that brings me to the conclusion that when the whole Mac line was updated last year, the cameras were updated to 1.3 megapixels.

http://arstechnica.com/journals/app...st-macs-come-with-1-3-megapixel-isight-camera

20. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I couldn't care less if Apple decided to wait til January. :D

21. MacSA macrumors 68000

MacSA

Apple don't like poor people?

22. Tensakun macrumors 6502

Tensakun

Not sure whether they should expect someone who reads MacRumors to "be in the know," at least enough to provide "protection" and "guidance." Just tell them if they *really* need a machine now to buy, otherwise, hold out till mid-Sept., early Oct., Christmas, etc. if they can make do with their current machine. You can also refer them to 'macrumors.com' so they can nibble their own fingernails. (Oh, and by your regular use of ALL-CAPs I'd suggest switching out some of the caffeine for some nice herbal tea.:))

23. jackfrost123 thread starter macrumors 6502

What a comedian you are man...classic staff...

24. Clayne macrumors 6502

Okay, let's not push it. :p

25. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

Yes it is, but many folks seem to be confusing their wants as being Apple's needs (and I am not referring to you, it's just a general statement).

So we see comments like "Apple must offer (insert Wintel PC form factor of choice here) or they will lose millions of sales".

Except, even if Apple ships one-half to one-third as many PCs as major OEMs like Dell and HP, they're making three or more times as much profit on each unit, so they're doing quite well and seeing strong demand even for their "old, obsolete, inadequate, overpriced" hardware.

And any weekend visit to an Apple Store will pretty much prove that point. :)