For People Moving to a PC (Xcode)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MotionxxUSxx, Nov 7, 2016.

1. MotionxxUSxx macrumors 6502

So after seeing the new pro's I'm also considering a PC. I do use xcode, so my only option would be to remote into my mac mini to do work when I'm looking for a more portable solution. I'm just not sure how well this will work out. Does anyone remote into their mac from a PC and use xcode? Any issues? Lag?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Why do you need Xcode? Any iPhone related apps to write?

3. MotionxxUSxx thread starter macrumors 6502

yes, I have been working on a few different projects. Since I have the mac mini, I'll still have a dedicated machine to code.

4. xb2003 macrumors 6502

xb2003

You could look into hackintosh, the TonyMac guys could point you towards a laptop that is known to be "compatible."

But if you are programming apps for profit, that might not be the greatest idea.

Remote control is strongly dependent on your connection speed and latency. All of the major gaming platforms are streaming games over the Internet with respectable performance. Heck I've played Minecraft over Team Viewer. You'll be fine.

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Then just buy a MacBook since this is pure code generation. I would not recommend buying a PC to either hackint0sh it or use remote software.