Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rye9

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
New York (not NYC)
I just called my nearest Apple Store that I have my iPhone 4 reserved at (using the Apple Store App), and I had received a confirmation email. The email said that I would be paying $599 however, even though I'm eligible for the $199 upgrade pricing.

So I spoke with a very nice employee (after trying 15+ times on Apple's hotline), and she told me that the pricing would be fixed when they run it through their E-Z Pay system, as she called it. So anybody worried about pricing, this should hopefully be fixed on the spot when they recheck your eligibility and such upon picking it up.

Also, when I first called I asked to confirm my reservation, and she first asked me if I had received an email, to which I said yes. Had I said "no", I don't know what would have happened, so that's not the brightest news for those who never received a confirmation email... but take from this what you will. Thank god for the App they released.. that really did seem key yesterday.

Good luck :)

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Yes, the $599 pricing was because yesterday, all systems couldn't check eligibility so, Apple's system displayed the highest price. However, when you go into store and actually access the system, then it'll be the full discounted price.

ahfu25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009
This is true. I spoke to a apple store employee at my local apple store and she confirmed that the price will be fixed when I pay for the phone.

rye9

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
New York (not NYC)
So was she able to confirm your reservation or is the fact that you got the email confirmation enough? I was planning on doing the same.

Both. She first asked if I had received an email and I told her yes, and then for safety measures she pulled me up in the system to confirm my reservation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.